• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

$12,000 and change. And I thought I made a killing. But that was the basic LS, 1.2L DOHC-4 cyl.MFI, 5 speed manual transmission. The only way to go in this vehicle is with the manual trans. Cannot i

$15,000 out the door with a 6 year warranty Denim Manual LT1

If you convert mine into dollars it equals $10300. I think I mugged the dealer lol

Posted Images

Personally I would never buy the 2LT, the extra features are not worth that much to me. The 1LT I might have gone with if they didn't find me my base LS, the stereo might have been nice.

That's why I bought the LT1. I did not like the wheels (got new ones anyways), the heated seats, fog lights(going to add them myself), and the biggest thing was the roof rack. That's one thing that I cannot stand. This is why we have 3 choices.

Oh, the front bumper, sides, and lower bumper with chrome exhaust ring. But I'm waiting for the Z-spec kit to be released hopefully soon. I would rather make my own Spark to stand out.

Tastes vary, I was also influenced by the leatherette seats, leather wheel, I liked the roof rails, the dressed up fascias, the fog lights, heated seats don't do much for me, but for the extra $1300, I think you get your moneys worth. It also wont hurt when trade in time comes along.

Paid $14,138 (USAA buying service price) for a Automatic LT1 that has a MSRP of $15,520

Also lowered the $14,138 another $176 by applying some rebate dollars that were built up on my GM card

They also charged a "doc fee" of $75 which was lowered from the posted $249 because I am a veteran

Then took $1500 off that amount after my clunker trade ( several hundred more than I thought I would get and also higher than KBB trade value)

So about $12,500 outta my pocket plus I gotta pay tax/tag/title at Tag Agency after I get Cert. of Origin mailed from dealership since I am in Oklahoma thats how they do it.

My 2LT was $18,495 plus tax, but there was one few features that was a must have, the leather wrapped steering wheel (all my past vehicles have had this, drive one without and was like uhhh no). The leatherette, heated seats, fog lamps and roof rails completed it for me and here I am with the 2LT :D

Edited by Riverspark
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got my LS manual without floor matts for $11500, and haggled another $800 more on my trade. This took some hardcore negotiations on my part, and was pleased the finance guy didn't try selling bullcrap on extended warranties. The LT1 was tempting, but I didn't want to spend more.

My 2LT was $18,495 plus tax, but there was one few features that was a must have, the leather wrapped steering wheel (all my past vehicles have had this, drive one without and was like uhhh no). The leatherette, heated seats, fog lamps and roof rails completed it for me and here I am with the 2LT :D

Wow. What was the sticker price?! Sounds a little pricey.

Edited by Trancer07
The high sticker was probably, Canadian vs. American currency.

I did a comparison with the Build feature on both the US and Canadian site for a 2LT

- USA - $16,895

- Canada - $19,495

Depending on the accuracy of both builders, kind of gives an idea of the difference

Still no regrets and loving my Spark more then ever with the nice weather FINALLY :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

$12,750 FOr my base LS manual, not a fan of all electronic gadgets that come with LT and if I want fog lights ebay has them for $200. Soon as I hit 1000 miles K&N air filter is going on. They wanted $1000 off for my trade in of 96 F450 but I told them I was insulted.

ShopChevyParts.com has the lights cheaper, but make very certain it comes with the authentication sheet or the dealer will not be able to program them! They also do not come with instructions which is why I made the detailed post. One of the guys on ebay works in parts for a chevy dealer, he has access to the instructions and will make sure the paperwork is included, might be worth the extra money.

ShopChevyParts.com has the lights cheaper, but make very certain it comes with the authentication sheet or the dealer will not be able to program them! They also do not come with instructions which is why I made the detailed post. One of the guys on ebay works in parts for a chevy dealer, he has access to the instructions and will make sure the paperwork is included, might be worth the extra money.

So which is the right direction to go?

If shopchevyparts gives you the authentication code, then they are cheaper and probably the right way to go. End result being you must obtain the code or your computer can't be programmed. Going to take an email or phone call to make sure because one user bought from them and didn't receive the code, not sure what happened with this since he had already installed them when he learned he needed the code, couldn't send them back at that point.

I paid 15,400, out the door, for my Jalapeno, LT1, Automatic back in 09/12. It came with floor mats, cargo net and the windows were already tinted. I looked at the Fiesta, but I did not like it at all. The doors made a ting when closed compared to the thunk in the Spark. Plus, I liked My Link better than the Sync system that the Ford has. My son will get the Spark when he turns 16 in a year and a half. I will get another Miata or a BMW Z4.

• 3 weeks later...