• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Chevy website says you can log into your Mylink account and download the latest updates. But after talking with a online rep they said you cannot do that, only dealer update. This is what the webs

I want to get the update for my car, but I'm not sure if I should. The reason being that my XM radio has not shut off and I have had my car for about 7 months now. If they update my car, then I am a

I'm just bummed they have such limited android support. Both my Razr Maxx and htc dna don't have bringgo support.

Posted Images

So this might have already been posted and I missed it, but I'm wondering if anyone actually witnessed the upgrade? I have yet to get mine done, but since my bezel is already off and if they need to get to the rear of the stereo for any ports... Wondering if I should just get it done before I attach the new bezel?

Thanks!

So, the turn signal "click" sound and all the warning chimes must go through the stereo system in some way, as they aren't functioning, as well as my stereo screen. I'll drop it off this afternoon and get to drive a sonic around for a bit while they figure it out.

So, the turn signal "click" sound and all the warning chimes must go through the stereo system in some way, as they aren't functioning, as well as my stereo screen. I'll drop it off this afternoon and get to drive a sonic around for a bit while they figure it out.

there all louder now to, on mine anyway

Yep, all sounds go through the radio. Good luck on what they find out. This is why I'm waiting for my update. I just don't see what's so hard about this. I have the original update instructions from Chevy and it seems straight forward. Update modules with computer as you would with any software update. Then download and copy radio update to USB drive. Stick in car USB port and follow directions.

Yep, all sounds go through the radio.

The mylink radio is probably one of my favorite, if not the favorite feature of the car. But I am not crazy about too many dependencies on the radio. This is nothing new, I know, I had a car that even needed the radio to work the climate control. The radio carried a price of $2500. Theoretically, although it will never happen, what if you wanted to pull the whole unit, and just toss it, in favor of another head unit? Again, theoretically, warranty is over, car is five years old, book value is down there, and your mylink self destructs? Just thinking out loud, but I dont like when they overdo this proprietary stuff. It kills a lot of your options.

One of the updates is the BCM (body control module), could this be the one that got stuffed on your car?

If I pull the stereo fuse will the turn signal clicks stop? Mine don't sound like they come from the speakers, but you can be sure that before I go home tonight I'll be sticking my head up near the speakers to find out. I have a base model so it might be different.

Walt,

One of the biggest reasons for buying it was also the Mylink radio with iPhone support. Also the Spark as a whole. I would live the update for Bringgo as I already purchased it waiting. I player with a new Spark at my dealer last week and it was pretty cool. But to have everything go through the radio concerns me a little too. But I think the radio is just an extension of the whole system and not the main. That's why the car can still function minus the sounds.

I can understand why your anxious to get it, as I said, I was just thinking aloud. I love the toys, mylink, onstar, xm, all a big influencing factor for me, I just like to keep everything compartmentalized. sp? Although i'm sure this route keeps the prices down. It just hit 70 degrees here, first time since October, going outside, and put the hose to the little beast. B)

That's part of why I'm looking for Android powered stereos, then I have control of the toys (or at least a little closer to control). I just wish they appeared in the USA so I wouldn't have to return a $500 stereo all the way to China to a reseller that doesn't care after the payment clears.

They actually bricked mine (confirmed). The had to get a special case number and get sent out a new radio. I'm going to look at the dash like a hawk to make sure they don't dent/crack/mess with it when they replace the deck.

I'm less than pleased with their ineptitude.

I took mine into the dealer today to get the upgrade. After being there all morning (was only suppose to take an hour), I got a call saying that my radio would not take the software upgrade and that they were ordering me a brand new one that should be in tomorrow. In the meantime, they put my radio back in and it is fully functional until the new one arrives.

I sure hope they didn't scratch anything up taking it out! I'm going to inspect it closely.

Will keep everyone advised...

I'm sorry Joe.

This is such a joke Chevy.

anyone from Chevy reading this mess?

This is why I told my dealer play with the stock they already have.

Nothing is scratched but it's now giving me the back up error message. Hopefully the new radio will fix all

Edited by joehornback

I got mine back. The new update took and they had to give me a brand new radio (with the plastic protector sheet still on it!) No scratches for the install either. I'm sure infotainment support is a stressed out place the last few weeks.

The Sonic guys are having it out at them around the lack of real Android Support for Bringgo as well. One of my flagship phones (RAZR maxx) now finally works as of last week, but my HTC DNA still isn't "Supported".

For anyone that is interested, I had the radio update done, and Sirius is still working.

I got my Spark in November, and Sirius is only supposed to be a 3 month free trial, and it is still working.

As far as the BringGo app is concerned, it does not show up in the Google Play Store on my phone.

According to BringGo's website, the app is supposed to work on "the vast majority of Android phones running OS 2.3 or higher", but they have a list that only has about 17 Android phones and the iPhone listed.

My phone is not on the list, and it is running OS 4.1.

As far as the BringGo app is concerned, it does not show up in the Google Play Store on my phone. According to BringGo's website, the app is supposed to work on "the vast majority of Android phones running OS 2.3 or higher", but they have a list that only has about 17 Android phones and the iPhone listed. My phone is not on the list, and it is running OS 4.1.

It's not in my Play Store either (Galaxy S2). However, you can go to the Play Store from a computer, and have it sent to your phone automatically. I haven't actually installed it yet, as I use the OnStar navigation on my phone if I need directions. When that expires, I'll get the BringGo. :shift: