anyone use the bringGo app for gps?

Can I charge my Samsung galaxy s2 with the usb port?

Wife just check hers. It does charge. Does a big integration. Playing with it now to see all it will do.

Wifey here! :)

It does indeed charge via USB and does integrate however... it only shows artists, albums and genres (no playlists). Still that's more than I get via Bluetooth on which I essentially have to select and play the playlist first and then I have full control of moving between songs. The other kind of odd thing is it immediately started playing the "music" on the phone which included all my custom ring/text tones. Obviously selecting an album, genre, etc. would resolve that. So yes it's a better integration than via Bluetooth but to play out of a playlist you're still having to start it manually.

Since the only actual "phone" integration is when connected via Bluetooth and I use that a lot, I'll just stick with Bluetooth and my power port charger.

I haven't bothered with the BringGo app as I've read some horrible reviews on it. Figured for the next 6 months I'll use navigation via OnStar (free trial) and then go back to using Google Navigation which is not only free but I've never had the same issues I've read about with BringGo (accuracy being a big one) when using it. :)

Edited by HappyMommy

I have Bringgo and use it all the time . It works well and worth the money . You just have to adjust settings to your liking , such as the annoying speed alert . I like that its on a big screen and I can adjust things in the fly . For example if the highway is jammed , it's easy to click avoid highways in settings on a big screen than to do it on my Iphone . Again it comes down to convenience and ease of use , so well worth it for me .

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Would crash on startup all the time on my previous phone (Droid Razr Maxx) and isn't even compatible & available for download yet for the Galaxy S5. Haven't been able to use it even once. Their device incompatibility list is huge. I told the guys at my Chevy dealer, where I just bought my new Spark, back in March, but they didn't seem concerned of coarse.

• 2 weeks later...

Well ya... now that I'm reading your reply & looking at it on the google play store again... NOW it's showing as downloadable. Before Google Play was saying it was not compatible with the S5 and wouldn't allow download. I'll have to try it again.