Do you have cold, cool, cold, cool, A/C?

I'm still going to wait a few and make sure yours still good. I need to figure out the flap issue but for now I have the motor unplugged in the recirculate mode.

I'm going to need the oil changed too soon. So at that time I will mention the fix bulletin to the manager I know. I will have them order those few parts on the list and then do the BCM update. That first then replace my high pitch compressor which I think is still bad. I think it makes the noise as the high side is bleeding back into the low side, equalizing.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to start a thread to keep track of the cold/cool A/C issue that some of us are experiencing. Also we can post updates and possible fixes. Hope GM gets to see this is not an isolated problem. We

Wow what a moron

I totally understand your position, and what your responsibilities are as a moderator. I enjoy exchanging ideas with members, and don't believe I have ever tried to engage anyone in a pissing contest.

Posted Images

I am pretty sure I will need a compressor, or some other pressure part. just got mine back yesterday with another "dye and refrigerant fill" when I talked to the service manager about how I dont think this is a good solution, since it was the same thing they did a month ago, she told me I rated them bad on a GM survey and if I am not happy I should just go somewhere else... needless to say, I am now in contact with GM directly. Lets hope this pushes my repairs through faster.

I am pretty sure I will need a compressor, or some other pressure part. just got mine back yesterday with another "dye and refrigerant fill" when I talked to the service manager about how I dont think this is a good solution, since it was the same thing they did a month ago, she told me I rated them bad on a GM survey and if I am not happy I should just go somewhere else... needless to say, I am now in contact with GM directly. Lets hope this pushes my repairs through faster.

That's total bullshit. I would be complaining too. I would make a stink and change dealers.

That's total bullshit. I would be complaining too. I would make a stink and change dealers.

I'm thinking there's more to the story..since it seems like the dealerships take those surveys pretty seriously. If that person flew off the handle and it was then suggested to get a second opinion at another dealership...then that's a totally different matter.

While I'm not defending the dealerships.....I think this problem is bigger than them...and the ultimate pressure (and who can come up with a universal solution) is Chevrolet/GM.

Edited by respdoc

The universal solution is told hold the franchisees to a higher level. You should see what some car companies make their dealers do. My brothers both work for a Mercedes dealer, the company recently came through with a style guide in their hands and required the dealer to style the repair areas so it looked pretty for the customers, an area where the customer isn't really allowed. Cost them over 2 million dollars and the company was going to hold some or all cars in the balance if this wasn't done, effectively shutting that dealer down. Similar thing happened when they wanted Sprinter, a bunch of things had to happen or they couldn't sell and service Sprinter trucks.

Then you talk to Chevy and ask them to hold the dealer accountable, they say the dealers are all independent from the company and there is nothing they can do. How about not shipping cars? How about pull their franchise, how about tell them to remove your name on the building? Chevy had no problem telling some dealers that they were going to close back in the great recession, so how is it different today?

Its funny because every other dealer Ive been to, the Service Dept is the one that really stands out for great service. not so with Chevy.

Seems like if you're not there to buy a car, they couldnt care less. Which is weird, because I've always heard that the real money-maker for any dealer is the Service Dept.

Maybe the structuring is different for GM, which might explain a lot, really.

It's been a month since I took my car in to get the A/C looked at and I'm still waiting for my dealer to get the cabin temp sensor thingy. More than likely that won't change anything.

If Lil Dew's A/C is truly fixed, then I definitely need to call the dealer back. Hopefully all it needs is that BCM update.

Edited by Trancer07

The universal solution is told hold the franchisees to a higher level.

I think we are talking about two different things. For this particular A/C problem..it seems GM doesn't even have (or can come up with) a concrete answer to our issue...so I don't expect my local dealerships to be any wiser.

Edited by respdoc
It's been a month since I took my car in to get the A/C looked at and I'm still waiting for my dealer to get the cabin temp sensor thingy. More than likely that won't change anything.

If Lil Dew's A/C is truly fixed, then I definitely need to call the dealer back. Hopefully all it needs is that BCM update.

Dew's car had the update, sensor, and white cam gear replaced. So it's just not one update. Look under the drivers dash in the center console. You will see the white cam gear. If its white it needs replacing.

Day 2 of driving is done. It hit 97 while we were out and about today. Did not switch from cold one time. Also, I did not go above the 2nd fan speed to keep the cabin cool. Speed 1 isn't an option because of the heat, and the amount of sunlight through the front windshield. Speed 1 would be good for night driving.

So far, so good.

Dew's car had the update, sensor, and white cam gear replaced. So it's just not one update. Look under the drivers dash in the center console. You will see the white cam gear. If its white it needs replacing.

Well, My car was built in 2/13 so It better not have the white parts. Only cars built before 11/12 would have those faulty parts.

Edit: WAAHT THE F@#$. My car has the white parts!! How is that possible if I have a post 11/12 built car?!

Edited by Trancer07

Well, My car was built in 2/13 so It better not have the white parts. Only cars built before 11/12 would have those faulty parts.

Edit: WAAHT THE F@#$. My car has the white parts!! How is that possible if I have a post 11/12 built car?!

Proof that even GM doesn't know what they are doing.

BTW, my new compressor says made in the USA on it, not sure if the old one was the same or made in Korea.

Edited by Greg_E

BTW, my new compressor says made in the USA on it

That's cool! I'd think the old compressor was made in Korea. It seems kinda crazy to send a US made part to Korea only to have it come back here.

Proof that even GM doesn't know what they are doing.

Yeah, really! I guess I'm gonna have to get the whole shebang. I wonder if those members on this board who claim to have fully functional A/C's have the black parts, while everyone with white parts are the ones having problems.

Car manufactured 2/13, zero a/c issues, always cold. Have the white cam.

You must be one of the lucky ones that has the sensors etc. working properly.

That's crazy they would put a statement out saying that all post November 2012 Sparks have the black cam etc. Someone's records are screwed up. I think November is when they stopped PRODUCING the white parts, not when they stopped putting them in. I bet you can find cars with the white cam etc up through April if not later.

Edited by Trancer07

I think I'm the only lucky one with a good dealership that will stand behind their sale as well (based on other people stories). When we bought the car, it wasn't quite complete for delivery, and was missing a couple dealer options. They loaned me a camaro for the day while they installed tint on the windows, a $50,000 Cadillac when they needed to find out (and fix) what was wrong with our cruise control, and a $200 refund for not havering door edge guards in stock.

I have a good dealership here in Spring Hill, FL. They are a small dealership, but they have been a GM dealer since 1927. First as an Olds dealer, and then switched to Chevy in 1961. I have taken my car in for the fuel pump, service, and now the A/C. I haven't had one issue with them at all. They don't push back when I state an issue with the car.

Day 3.

All is well, and no issues to report at all. It was rainy and overcast today, and the high temp was 78 degrees. I kept the fan speed on level 1, and I had to adjust the temp control a little warmer because it was downright chilly in the car. I like the cold over the heat, so when I say it was chilly, it was chilly. I drove from Spring Hill to Tampa on mixed highway and city driving with a total of 83 miles driven today.

Ok you want cold ac?? Reach under the drivers footwell above the white plastic lever see the two little wires??? Give the connector a 1/4 turn counter clockwise and remove the airbox sensor, and tuck it behind the center counsel..you have now tricked the sensor into thinking it is cabin temperature ... You will now be rewarded with 38 degree air on fresh air and 20 degree air that's right 20 DEGREE AIR ON RECIRCULATE !!!!!!! No more compressor kickout for me !!!!):) !:)