Do you have cold, cool, cold, cool, A/C?

Just got my car back from the dealer and the cold cool problem seems to be gone the car seem to blow colder at a consistant temp with out fluctuation but still having the high pressure ringing noise from the pump every now and again very annoying!

Argh! Here I am just sitting here waiting for the dealer to get in a sensor that's supposedly on backorder while people are starting to get their A/C's truly fixed. This is bull.

Edited by Trancer07
  • Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to start a thread to keep track of the cold/cool A/C issue that some of us are experiencing. Also we can post updates and possible fixes. Hope GM gets to see this is not an isolated problem. We

Wow what a moron

I totally understand your position, and what your responsibilities are as a moderator. I enjoy exchanging ideas with members, and don't believe I have ever tried to engage anyone in a pissing contest.

Posted Images

Same here, mine has the white cam, and built 12/12. Dealer says they did the bcm update, but no change at all. Still has white cam. Still fluctuates air temperature at times. I think I'm checking with another dealer on this, since I've lost confidence in this service department, and for good reason. This was their 3'rd fail involving several unrelated incidents, strike 3, out! At least the rattle was fixed, after a week. Now where to find the best service department within 30 miles? Dealer decals removed? Check!

All dealer tags and stickers are removed the first day I drive it off the dealers lot. I will keep them there if they pay me for advertising.

About 6 years ago we purchased a new Jeep and the salesman was putting our tag on with a plastic dealer frame. I told him not to and he said they have too. I said then I'm not signing the papers. Guess what no plastic tag frame.

Argh! Here I am just sitting here waiting for the dealer to get in a sensor that's supposedly on backorder while people are starting to get their A/C's truly fixed. This is bull.

Find a new dealer unless its truly in back order. Some dealers do not get parts from other dealers in a network. So they have to wait for GM to get it in stock.

Find a new dealer unless its truly in back order. Some dealers do not get parts from other dealers in a network. So they have to wait for GM to get it in stock.

There's really only one other Chevy dealer in the area. The one I'm going to seems to have the best reviews. I called the place back today and they said they already did a BCM update, which I find hard to believe. They also said the PI that Li'll Dew posted doesn't apply to my car. All mine needs is the "in-cabin air temp sensor". They also said that the white temp cam link I have in there works just fine and there's no need to replace it.

Edited by Trancer07

Did you take a printout of the bulletin with you? I went to my dealership on Monday, to upgrade the radio, I had a copy of the bulletin with me, being I never complained about the a/c, my service advisor didn't know what I was talking about, but after reading the bulletin, and checking my build date, what could he say? It clearly states that if the cam is white it must be replaced, along with the sensor, and the bcm update. He ordered the parts, and said he will call when they get in. He has no idea how long it will take. How can your dealer deny it? It's in black and white. If he refuses, call the GM line, if nothing else they will lean on him.

Or you can just let him replace the air temp sensor, and see how it works out, if no good, then back it goes.

That's why I want to know how to test the evaporator sensor, seems I have to find another dealer for service, which maybe asking too much of the flying monkeys elsewhere. The part costs $34, but is on back order. I'm not going to waste $34 if my sensor is good. The dealer can't even balance tires, so I also need to pay a tire shop with a road force balancer to do that, too. Looks like some of us will be repairing this ourselves.

Edited by austex04

Every time I try to download it so I can print it, it comes out corrupt. If some one else has it, could you upload it somewhere else? As a test I'm attaching a document I made to see if it works. Just go to advanced posting options and attach files down at the bottom. Once it is uploaded click the add to post link on the right side of the page.lightmountREV.pdf

There's really only one other Chevy dealer in the area. The one I'm going to seems to have the best reviews. I called the place back today and they said they already did a BCM update, which I find hard to believe. They also said the PI that Li'll Dew posted doesn't apply to my car. All mine needs is the "in-cabin air temp sensor". They also said that the white temp cam link I have in there works just fine and there's no need to replace it.

Ha, and they are close to the GM headquarters as well. If they pull up the vin, and they pull of the PI doc, they must replace the parts. It is a service bulletin that should be done.

Every time I try to download it so I can print it, it comes out corrupt. If some one else has it, could you upload it somewhere else? As a test I'm attaching a document I made to see if it works. Just go to advanced posting options and attach files down at the bottom. Once it is uploaded click the add to post link on the right side of the page.attachicon.giflightmountREV.pdf

Just a shot in the dark, but give it a try...... http://www.filedropper.com/sparkrepair

Greg i was having the same issues as you with the pdf ... these links worked for me

http://dw4.convertfiles.com/files/0914054001377186685/image.pdf

http://dw4.convertfiles.com/files/0268614001377186819/image%202.pdf

BTW this is the full email i just sent chevy ... at first i wasn't upset or angry at the A/C issue but now that they actually tried closing my case without any resolution.. ITS ON

following up regarding yesterdays follow up to the 8/15 follow up regarding the 8/9 conversation...

after spending some time researching it seems that i am doing your job for you since no one is ATLEAST giving me a call letting me know that the issue is being worked on...

i found 2 documents and have attached 2 PDF pages. Documents are dated July 24, 2013. Which is just absolutely ridiculous to me because that means that at least there was some sort of official GM document directing service departments what to do in that situation. Ive been driving around ALL summer in a 2013 BRAND NEW CAR with horrible A/C while all this time there was some sort of acknowledgement that could have fixed the issue but no one bothered to mention it.

had i been told that there was an official document provided by GM towards my issue i would have had no problem taking my car to service but since all i was told was "take it to service so we can further inspect the issue" which to me is a waste of my time and not a valid reason to take my car into service since numerous other spark owners have shared horror stories of not only their A/C's not working but became WORSE after taking them to service

My frustrations are beyond explaining at this point and i am overall disappointing with the customer support i have received from Chevy thus far and it still boggles my mind why Chevy Spark owners where not informed of the GM document acknowledging our issue...

Edited by Lovgun7

Ha, and they are close to the GM headquarters as well. If they pull up the vin, and they pull of the PI doc, they must replace the parts. It is a service bulletin that should be done.

The dealer said they already saw this PI/bulletin so they apparently did what was supposed to be done on post 11/12 sparks, which was just the BCM update, the rest of the stuff such as the white temp cam, they are basically ignoring since GM apparently told them not to change it. The guy at the dealer just keeps saying "this bulletin doesn't apply to your specific vehicle. Just wait for the cabin air sensor", like they know for a fact that's what the problem is. Being on backorder, it could be next year by the time it comes in!

I actually haven't used the AC for a while and just this week, I did notice the AC compressor isn't cycling on and off anymore, so I guess they did do the BCM update. It's all down to one of the temp sensors now, I guess. I've got a bad feeling they're changing the wrong one, though and I'm waiting through all this hot weather this month for nothing.

Edited by Trancer07

Ok guys just an update on my vehicle after having the cam and temp sensor replaced all is good still had it since tuesday and no cold cool issue and seems to blow colder I no longer want to break a sweat sitting in my new car!

Okay, mine is going into another dealer Monday, to finish the update, mine didn't get the sensor replaced. This makes the 3'rd brand dealership in Austin that I've had problems with their service department. Ford, Hyundai, and now Chevrolet. I'm going 30 miles out of Austin to get it fixed, it appears the dealers around the city are only good at selling cars, not fixing them, lol. Seems I will continue to go out of my way for service and maint items, since people are dumb or just don't care around here. Have only had good experience with dealers out of town, on the first two brands. I will post back on Monday on what happens. Ps the evaporator sensor part # is 15-51305

Edited by austex04

please anyone with this problem,...reach under your drivers footwell and remove the hvac air temp sensor, tuck it under your center counsel then go for a ride for 10 min or more on max a/c and RECIRCULATE! I almost gaurentee that the cool cold will be gone and you will have to turn down your a/c it will be so damn cold.

if this fixes it you have two options,... leave it like this and enjoy your new ICE COLD A/C,

or re install the sensor and inform the dealer to do the sensor and cam and hope for the best.

it was 92 with high humidity and a heat index of 97 here yesterday and I had 25 degree air coming out my vents....priceless!!!