Greetings from Oklahoma City ! New Owner

Hi everyone!!!

Just bought a 2013 LT1 Chevy Spark ---- Automatic Trans. ----- Color = Silver

Have not taken delivery yet as it is still in transit to dealership but I test drove an identical model (color white) that was on the lot and think it will suit my needs. They are doing a tint job before I pick it up and took my trade and gave me a loaner until it is ready.

I was driving a 2002 Chevy Prism (130k) that had some rough treatment before I got ahold of it 30k ago and I knew I was going to have to dump some serious cash into it to keep it going.

I used USAA buying service to get a price on the Spark of $14,138 with freight ( msrp $15,520) and the manager cut the "doc" fee to $75 from $249 since I am a veteran .

Initially they offered $550 for the squeeking, (grinding rear axle) paint peeling, clunking (cv joints or struts) pile-o-crap I drove in but I was happy that I stuck it out and got that up to $1500 because I really did not expect to get that much and was prepared to take less.

So out the door $12,500 after applying $176 worth of rebate that was built up on the GM credit card I have.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of gas mileage I can eek out of the 1.25l & auto trans. Fuelly website has a couple auto's that are tracking mileage in the mid thirties and that would be just fine!

Look forward to reading all your posts and I will try to load some pics when it arrives and I take delivery. (hopefully later this week!)

edit 15APRIL 2013 --- My Spark has arrived -- see pics below

post-530-0-09748200-1366041480_thumb.jpgpost-530-0-84060500-1366041480_thumb.jpgpost-530-0-61723100-1366041486_thumb.jpg

Edited by militaryman
  • 3 weeks later...
Awesome! What do you think of the performance overall?

The car is slow, but that is assumed when buying -- I am really interested in getting the best mpg out of my cars anyways so I don't accelerate hard regardless.

The Auto trans is pretty smooth for such an inexpensive car and the ride is tuned about as good as you could possibly tune it for such a short wheel base car

Like the steering feel --- I am 6'2" and there is just enough room for me to call it comfortable.