• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I agree, larger blind spots than other cars. It helps to adjust the rearview mirrors as recommended in driving manuals:

1. when sitting in the driver's seat, lean to the left until your head is almost touching the window, and adjust the left mirror so that you can see the lane behind you.

2. Then lean to the right about the same distance, and adjust the right mirror so you can see the lane behind you.

When you are in the middle, the mirrors should show a good view of both blind spots.

• 2 weeks later...

The passenger side blind spot is terrible. I have placed convex spots on the outside mirrors, but the problem is still there. The shape of the mirrors is part of the problem but the plastic panels that allow the Spark to have almost hidden rear door handles is the biggest problem. Where you normally would have glass, from the windows, you have opaque black plastic. It is enough of a problem, for me, to the point where I won't buy another Spark unless it is redesigned to eliminate the aforementioned panel

• 3 months later...

Well... I disagree a bit regarding blind spots. Most cars have some blind spots. But I think the Spark is better than most, maybe because it is so small that a quick turn of the head and you can see all areas pretty darn well. I just bought my Spark a few days ago and am thrilled with this little bugger! I was driving a Suzuki SX4 and talk about blind spots... the A-pillar consisted of two pillars with a tiny, useless "window" in between. I nearly hit a few pedestrians, didn't see cars at stop signs and driving at night could NOT see road dividers when turning. Horrible! I drove other cars when shopping, including Hyundai Accent hatch, Sonic hatch, Cube, Kia Rio and Soul, and even Smart Fortwo (just TOO small) and all had much worse blind spots than the Spark. I had a Sonic hatchback as a rental car in Vegas and it was very nice, but when backing out of a parking place, nearly hit someone walking behind car as she was in that "blind zone." The Spark is small enough that I can actually turn my head and SEE what is there. Yes, the side mirrors are small, but hasn't really effected me. I love this little car and after driving most other smalll cars... would take the Spark hands down.

• 3 weeks later...