Why did mylink tell me my rear view camera has malfunction

You do not have the latest software update. You need the software update with Bringo and Tunin apps. Then you will have 4 apps total. The service bulletin is #PI0914D. Also if the dealer does not know how to do it there is a 1800 line for them to be walked through the process. When my dealer looked for it they were looking under US cars when its found in Korean cars in the GM computer. Just go to the dealer with the #PI0914D and they will do the rest.

There was suppose to be a rear view camera but they never made it so far.

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=1672

Edited by bluer101

If you need a rear view camera in a car as small and short as the Spark, you shouldn't be backing up..... ever

Backup cameras are not really used for backing up, but mainly to see if someone or a child is behind you. Its a safety feature not a parking assistant.

You do not have the latest software update. You need the software update with Bringo and Tunin apps. Then you will have 4 apps total. The service bulletin is #PI0914D. Also if the dealer does not know how to do it there is a 1800 line for them to be walked through the process. When my dealer looked for it they were looking under US cars when its found in Korean cars in the GM computer. Just go to the dealer with the #PI0914D and they will do the rest.

There was suppose to be a rear view camera but they never made it so far.

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=1672

I have the bringgo and tunin apps in my spark. Is there a software number for the newest software?

my software is 13.02-95365450

Edited by Jeffrey Makela

Sure would be nice if we could download them and update ourselves!

Could probably do it a lot faster too, what the hell are they using, dialup? I just got off the phone with Mylink support, they are going to call my dealership tomorrow, and straighten them out. This is why I hate to start these things, they screw it up, and then another trip.

For what it's worth, I had my radio upgraded today, and I am getting the "service camera" message now. I checked my SW#, it's the same as yours, I am going back to the dealer on Friday to get this mess straightened out.

Let us know what they say Friday. I will bring my spark in if yours gets fixed. It has only happened 1 time to me.

If it only happened one time, it may have just been a glitch, mine is consistent, every time I go into reverse. I also am not showing any apps on the screen, they screwed up. Mylink support is contacting them today, to straighten them out. I will post the outcome.

What's ironic is I was showing my friend the my link the other day in our LT. And he said call me old school, but I don't want any of that junk in my car. Looks like something just waiting to go wrong. Think about your phone. How often does it mess up? (he still has a regular/not smart phone)

What's ironic is I was showing my friend the my link the other day in our LT. And he said call me old school, but I don't want any of that junk in my car. Looks like something just waiting to go wrong. Think about your phone. How often does it mess up? (he still has a regular/not smart phone)

He's right! I am a sucker for toys, but they are a royal pain in the ass, when they stop working. The less junk, the less problems.

I wasn't aware the Sonics had the camera, was hoping to see one for the Spark, as long as the price isn't too prohibitive. Other people have had the same message on their displays, and have had to go back for a second upgrade that removes it. I believe someone messed up while flashing mine, besides the message, I show no apps, just a blank screen. Mylink support is telling me, that the dealer just needs to do it over, hopefully they are right.

I would call Mylink support, the dealers are clueless, tell them your issues, and they will call your dealer, and advise him what he needs to do, have them make you an appointment, and get a service request #. Their number is 1-855-478-7767.

When I went in for mine they were told by mylink support to build the file from Korea instead of US. The US only shows the Sonic and since its the same radio they think you can use that.

When the mechanic does it they need to plug the car in and do a build sheet to get the right update. Then it will allow them to download the update to a thumb drive and plug it into the USB port in the Spark. Then follow the onscreen instructions. Also they might need to set the time and date on the radio if prompted. With mine they also needed to pull a fuse in the dash a few times until the upgrade started. But all this is noted in the service bulletin. I was right there in the bay and watched everything.

You did not read the fine print when you bought the Spark, "Free adventure at every service appointment guaranteed!"

It's becoming "Free adventure with every ride." After parking the car for about 30 min. I got back in and started her up, and the radio screen was illuminated, but everything was frozen, no sound, all controls, volume, favorites, nothing worked, including Onstar. I generally turn off the ignition, with everything on. I was going to disconnect the battery, but after 4 restarts, it all came back. Possibly caused by the bad flash, I don't know. Another note for Fridays trip. Thankfully, I wasn't laying under a rock, waiting for Onstar to rescue me. :)

Edited by WaltK