Do you have cold, cool, cold, cool, A/C?

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to start a thread to keep track of the cold/cool A/C issue that some of us are experiencing. Also we can post updates and possible fixes. Hope GM gets to see this is not an isolated problem. We

Wow what a moron

I totally understand your position, and what your responsibilities are as a moderator. I enjoy exchanging ideas with members, and don't believe I have ever tried to engage anyone in a pissing contest.

Posted Images

Day 3.

All is well, and no issues to report at all. It was rainy and overcast today, and the high temp was 78 degrees. I kept the fan speed on level 1, and I had to adjust the temp control a little warmer because it was downright chilly in the car. I like the cold over the heat, so when I say it was chilly, it was chilly. I drove from Spring Hill to Tampa on mixed highway and city driving with a total of 83 miles driven today.

That is such awesome news. Fingers crossed it'll make it for an entire week. If it still works right after a month, then I believe we found our fix or at least one of the fixes.

Ok you want cold ac?? Reach under the drivers footwell above the white plastic lever see the two little wires??? Give the connector a 1/4 turn counter clockwise and remove the airbox sensor, and tuck it behind the center counsel..you have now tricked the sensor into thinking it is cabin temperature ... You will now be rewarded with 38 degree air on fresh air and 20 degree air that's right 20 DEGREE AIR ON RECIRCULATE !!!!!!! No more compressor kickout for me !!!!):) !:)

I suggested that before after the fix last week. Does it have any side effects?

Um, I don't think that's a good idea to remove that airbox sensor, it may cause the evaporator freeze up. I just mentioned the fix to my dealer, and they found it once I gave them the doc id #. They're going to check mine for the bcm update and if mine has the white parts. Mine was built 12/12, so it may need the update and/or revised parts, we shall see. They still have my car in for service anyway, so I may as well get the update if mine is affected. The a/c on the Cruze has me spoiled, lol.

It is no different than a freezer the defroster inside a freezer melts the ice once a certain time has elapsed the same thing can be accomplished by turning off the ac after an hour or two of driving and keeping the fan speed going. Or turning off the car.

I would love for someone in a hot climate say 95-105 in Arizona to try this and report on how cold theirs gets, I used a ac thermometer from the parts store $5 anywhere, also I used a infrared thermometer to double check the readings

I just love having full control of my hvac now!!

I will find out if my car had the update done, if I ever get it back, lol. It frequently gets over 100 degrees here, and I have a vent thermometer to report back with. Thanks to Lil Dew, I might have a stronger a/c, if mine was affected, it probably is since the Cruze freezes me out on 2 in 107 degrees with fresh air drawing in, even while stopped. I have to be on recirculate in the Spark for awhile to get too cold in the same conditions.

I brought my car in, to make an appointment for the radio upgrade, while there I spoke to the service advisor regarding the "fix". He hadn't heard of it, but looked it up. Being I have the white piece, he ordered the two parts, and will call me when they come in. They will do the BCM upgrade and install the new parts. This was the first mention I've made to the dealer regarding the a/c. These parts should be replaced being they are old stuff, and the BCM upgrade can't hurt. We'll see.

I brought my car in, to make an appointment for the radio upgrade, while there I spoke to the service advisor regarding the "fix". He hadn't heard of it, but looked it up. Being I have the white piece, he ordered the two parts, and will call me when they come in. They will do the BCM upgrade and install the new parts. This was the first mention I've made to the dealer regarding the a/c. These parts should be replaced being they are old stuff, and the BCM upgrade can't hurt. We'll see.

Can't wait to hear from you. I'm in the same boat. Nothing has been done yet.

Hopefully, GM will not force the removal of the fix/update. I don't think they want to issue a tsb about this, and only fix those that make noise about it. Honda extended the warranty on the transmissions 10 years ago when they had premature failures on Civics and Accords, but they tried to keep it hushed. More like a "good faith warranty" it was.

Edited by austex04

Got mine back from the "update". If anything...seems a little worse on the A/C output. Explained this to the dealer...and told the same story about it being "normal" for a car with this size engine. Being the car is white with dark-tinted windows..on just a 91-92 degree day..it should at least be comfortable. Looks like I'll be heading to another dealer.

Edited by respdoc
Got mine back from the "update". If anything...seems a little worse on the A/C output. Explained this to the dealer...and told the same story about it being "normal" for a car with this size engine. Being the car is white with dark-tinted windows..on just a 91-92 degree day..it should at least be comfortable. Looks like I'll be heading to panother dealer.

The size of the car doesn't mattery. The smart cars ac system is icy cold, so is yaris and fit.

Just got my car back from the dealer and the cold cool problem seems to be gone the car seem to blow colder at a consistant temp with out fluctuation but still having the high pressure ringing noise from the pump every now and again very annoying!

What was done? Did they do just the update? What about the sensor and cam?

Everyone that gets something done can you please list what you had preformed.

Everyone that gets something done can you please list what you had preformed.

Agreed. Mine was just the update and that didn't solve the problem. Maybe the (possible) solution is with the sensor and cam...if people that are saying theirs is fixed had that done also.

Same here, mine has the white cam, and built 12/12. Dealer says they did the bcm update, but no change at all. Still has white cam. Still fluctuates air temperature at times. I think I'm checking with another dealer on this, since I've lost confidence in this service department, and for good reason. This was their 3'rd fail involving several unrelated incidents, strike 3, out! At least the rattle was fixed, after a week. Now where to find the best service department within 30 miles? Dealer decals removed? Check!

Edited by austex04

If anybody has access to GM tech info, what is the resistance supposed to be in relation to temperature on the air box sensor? Those who have sucessfully repaired the a/c, or have properly functioning a/c, and have a digital ohm meter, please post the reading and ambiant air temp. Post the ohm values and we can test that sensor ourselves, without having to saddle up with flying monkeys at the dealer. This will solve the mystery if the air box sensor also played a part in the fix, or just the bcm update, and/or black cogs part revision.

Edited by austex04