Two Spark Family - PNW

Howdy... I'm a full on car guy and forum junkie.

We've recently picked up a couple of Sparks... Both '13 models, one in Denim (My wife's) and my Salsa Red.

I must have a later build date, as her's doesn't have the lighted wheel and mine does. She doesn't car too much, but that'd bug me a lot.

I'm always into mods here and there, so I've already debadged and have a holden rear badge on the way. Got window visors on the way, LED lighting inside and planning more down the road.

I want to vinyl the hood and roof in matte black to protect it and have the car stand out a bit as well. I'm also planning on tinting it all around 20% and plasti-dipping the wheels black as well.

I'm curious as to what the car looks like with the B&G lowering springs on, as the 1/1.4 inch drop seems to be small for the money.

Anyways. Nice to see a small group of enthusiasts around and feel free to check out my other project online - My '72 240z, which is my real modification project - http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/101750-240z-build-sr20det-the-new-thread-long-first-post/

I think the correct black stripes would look good on the red car, just not sure what correct is yet so I haven't done the job. Not sure I would like the complete hood and top of the car in black.

Since you have a car that doesn't have the lighted steering wheel control, you need to complain to chevy so something can get done, there is a thread about it that you seem to have read already.

Thanks all. From what I see with both cars, there is no easy way to illuminate hers. It appears that the buttons are totally different and that the design is made to allow the light through. I also believe they will just claim their right to make changes in the mid year cycle and say suck it up.

I've talked to my tinting friend and I'm planning on modding away. Mine will be 20 percent all around and I've got a roll of oracal 970ra 60"x15ft in matte black to do the hood, roof, spoiler and hatch and am thinking of overlaying the headlights in yellow for kicks. The good thing about vinyl is if you don't like it, peel it off!

I also ordered 4 filters from rock auto and know I can pick up 5 quart jugs of mobile one at Walmart to do easy oil changes for around 30 bucks!

Howdy... I'm a full on car guy and forum junkie.

We've recently picked up a couple of Sparks... Both '13 models, one in Denim (My wife's) and my Salsa Red.

I must have a later build date, as her's doesn't have the lighted wheel and mine does. She doesn't car too much, but that'd bug me a lot.

I'm always into mods here and there, so I've already debadged and have a holden rear badge on the way. Got window visors on the way, LED lighting inside and planning more down the road.

I want to vinyl the hood and roof in matte black to protect it and have the car stand out a bit as well. I'm also planning on tinting it all around 20% and plasti-dipping the wheels black as well.

I'm curious as to what the car looks like with the B&G lowering springs on, as the 1/1.4 inch drop seems to be small for the money.

Anyways. Nice to see a small group of enthusiasts around and feel free to check out my other project online - My '72 240z, which is my real modification project - http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/101750-240z-build-sr20det-the-new-thread-long-first-post/

Welcome to the Chevy Spark Forum. My girlfriend used to own a Datsun/Nissan dealer and I always loved the early Z-models because to that. It didn't hurt that she drove a lot of them either.

Curious to see what you have planned for your Spark.