New rims and tires

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here is a sample.

There must not be potholes where you drive, those rims would be flat in less than 10 miles around here.

I guess I'm old-fashioned, because I don't appreciate black wheels. To me the best looking wheels, tires, and paint job is on the Spark in the attached picture. I'd love to have one like this. We've g

Posted Images

I like! The black looks good with the green! What size where you thinking of getting?

I have read on the forum that this size fits with no issues what so ever. From the measurement they are almost 1/2 inch taller than stock american wheels.

Those are:

17x7" TSW Mallory Wheels Matte Black

4x100 Bolt Pattern +40 Offset

205/40/R17 Tire

Liking the way that looks. Black alloy wheels are very much overdone here in UK at the moment, every car seems to either be coming with them stock or they are getting fitted. Apart from the offset I am running that setup at the moment. Mine are +38 offset.

I guess I'm old-fashioned, because I don't appreciate black wheels. To me the best looking wheels, tires, and paint job is on the Spark in the attached picture. I'd love to have one like this. We've got a new "blacked-out" BMW X5 Sport Diesel, great vehicle but I wish it had more chrome on it!

post-419-0-13932000-1362677310_thumb.jpg

Edited by TN Frank
Nice

Im really curious to see how they look, offsets, etc.

Me too. They are 17x7 4x100 +40 offset. I'm putting on a Toyo 205/40R17 tire too. They should look like the photoshop rendering. They wanted to know if I would like to try 18's. I said no as the tire would be way to small. I'm really excited and can't wait.

Liking the way that looks. Black alloy wheels are very much overdone here in UK at the moment, every car seems to either be coming with them stock or they are getting fitted. Apart from the offset I am running that setup at the moment. Mine are +38 offset.

Same here, black is overdone, that is why I made mine the way I did. Funny thing, I went to Autorama and their was a Dodge Dart with black wheels and 1 pocket on each wheel was blue....I bought summer wheels, but I don't have the money to dress them up (darn tpms was expensive), still look good. Can't wait to see them on the car.

Just seeing what everyone thinks. I love photoshop. This is on the want list for next mod. :happy feet:

Black.jpg

The red calipers, silver cap and lugs compliment wheels, don't want everything black. Good luck not bending a wheel, you are more courageous than me.

How much did you pay for each tpms device? Did you buy the reset tool or are you going to try and do the let air out trick? With the time limits in the process I'm not sure the air out trick will work.

I'm going to have them swapped out of the factory wheels. My new rims should be in any day.

TPMS Direct seemed to have the best price, but you will still be in it for $200 plus the tool.

How much labor is it going to cost to swap them? You have a $12 rebuild kit plus labor so it might be close to the price of new sensors.

Edited by Greg_E