Jalepeno Green Spark to replace the car I lost to Storm Sandy

I did a lot of online shopping before deciding on what car to get to replace my 2005 Chevy Malibu that I lost due to Superstorm Sandy.

Originally I wanted to get a Prius or another hybrid, but the dealerships around me were not budging one penny off the sticker prices here. Seems like everyone in my area lost at least one car and they sellers were only too happy to point out that if you weren't willing to pay full MSRP then the next desperate person would.

Eventually I had to get a car and I wanted to get as much MPG as possible for the money I could afford to spend.

I paid close to 17K for mine. Yeah, full sticker price but what could I do, there was no leverage.

I originally wanted to get mine in red, but that color was not to be had. As it turns out, I'm glad I got the green. Not because I like green, as a rule I HATE green. But I feel like the green Spark is the most iconic of all the colors for this model car.

I must say that I really love driving this thing. I love that it came fully loaded with all the comforts which is something I never could afford with any other car I've ever owned.

I'm getting around 40MPG which is pretty close to what I would have gotten with the Prius so I'm happy in that regard too.

The Spark is by no means the first car I've ever owned, not even the first car I bought new, but it IS the first car that made me feel like joining an online forum. :)

I really love this little thing. Sure it's not perfect. It doesn't have great pickup and there is hardly any trunk space, but apart from that it's lots of fun to drive and I've never had another car that has garnered the attention that this one does. When I fill up for gas (only three times since I purchased it, about once every two weeks which is half as much as the Malibu with half the gas tank so YAY) people will talk to me about this little cutie.

I even made the Spark the wall paper on my computer's desktop.

I guess what I'm saying is that before the Spark, all my other cars were really just a way to get myself and my things from place to place. Now, it's like I don't just have a car but a new hobby.

I love my new toy.

:)

Rev it past 3500rpm and it will have a decent amount of get up and go (at least the manual transmission does), it won't have as much as the probably 6 cylinder Malibu you lost, but it has more than you normally need. Just stay out of traction control because that really pulls the power down for far too long.

Welcome! Just goes to show ya...ya have to take the bad with the good!!! Also, very sorry about the circumstances in which you ended up buying a Spark, but glad you did just the same. Cannot wait to swap stories about your car!

Welcome!

I really like the Spark's green and more than once the cashiers at the gas 'n goes have asked if my car was the "beautiful green car"! LOL. My wife's Spark is blue and she calls it "Blues Clues" which is a very nice blue color, but not quite as eye-catching I suppose. I think mine with the automatic has gradually gotten peppier. And now with 6k miles on it, she seems fairly quick. :)

• 3 weeks later...