Why did mylink tell me my rear view camera has malfunction

Then why can't we get this update onto a usb drive and do it ourselves? STUPID!

Has anyone played around with the radio enough to dump the firmware to a usb device? Then we could circulate it and people would stop having problems.

Are there updates to download with Chevrolet MyLink? -

Log in to see if a new software version is available for your Chevrolet MyLink system. If so, you will need to download the newest MyLink update to enable you to run all of the latest features.

How do I find out when updates are available for Chevrolet MyLink?-

Periodically we will be updating our system, introducing new features and expanding on others. Here is where you will be able to download the latest updates to keep your system as current as possible. To get the latest update, log in to your MyLink account now. Chevrolet MyLink supports a variety of different Bluetooth-enabled devices.

Can I download Chevrolet MyLink updates with the USB connection?-

The USB port is also the primary way to update the MyLink system. Log in to download the latest MyLink update. Save the update on a USB storage device3 and plug it into the vehicle. The vehicle must be running and in Park to read the update. Then just follow the prompts to update your system.

This is still on the Chevy website on updating the Mylink. Heck I can't even find where to login to a Mylink account. I brought this up to my service manager back in February.

Its happening to me all the time now. when I got the car 6 weeks I had no problems with it. I going to dealer Wednesday to get it fixed

I took my car in this morning, and they straightened out the the blown upgrade. All is well now, showing four apps, and eliminated the "rearview camera" message.

Call Mylink support, they were the biggest help for me, they called the dealer, before I got there. I also took a printout of Bluer's post, detailing how they did his. Hopefully, it will last.

Edited by WaltK