Do you have cold, cool, cold, cool, A/C?

My car started this issue just recently. I have an appointment for tomorrow at the dealership, and I got a case number as well. I will advise on what they say.

Edit: Apparently there is a new software update/recall for my car. I have no idea what it is, but I will let everyone know asap.

well sirr, you have me on the edge of my seat almost wetting my self...!!!

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Going to start a thread to keep track of the cold/cool A/C issue that some of us are experiencing. Also we can post updates and possible fixes. Hope GM gets to see this is not an isolated problem. We

Wow what a moron

I totally understand your position, and what your responsibilities are as a moderator. I enjoy exchanging ideas with members, and don't believe I have ever tried to engage anyone in a pissing contest.

Posted Images

My car started this issue just recently. I have an appointment for tomorrow at the dealership, and I got a case number as well. I will advise on what they say.

Edit: Apparently there is a new software update/recall for my car. I have no idea what it is, but I will let everyone know asap.

waiting...

Yup, that's where it keeps stopping now, guess I need to make a video and play it for the service department and send a link to Chevy! It also is now not as cold as before, but it blows cool at idle so in getting part of it fixed, they broke another part, and ignored the third part. Think I'm going to make this thread sticky.

Oh and by the way... I did check for leaks last night when it was dark, I have a little UV light and needed dark to see the dye... The only place I saw any dye was on the low pressure test port, I assume this is where they put the gas back in the system when it is serviced, under the cap was covered in dye so I know my system is ready for checking leaks. It is a green dye if anyone else wants to check theirs.

Edited by Greg_E

Update:

So I took the car to the dealer and here is what we have thus far.

There is a BCM update that is for the HVAC system, it is for all cars built from 2012 on. On cars that were built prior to 11/2012, there is an additional part and sensor that need to be replaced. The part is a temperature cam located on the evap housing, and the evaporative air temp (EAT) will be replaced. Both parts had to be ordered.

The update is from 7/24/2013. #PI1013A. PI1013 should not be used.

Attached are the documents and diagrams of the update and service.

Edit: Cannot attached the docs. Says that the file is too large. Sorry.

Edited by Lil Dew
Update:

There is a BCM update that is for the HVAC system, it is for all cars built from 2012 on. On cars that were built prior to 11/2012, there is an additional part and sensor that need to be replaced. The part is a temperature cam located on the evap housing, and the evaporative air temp (EAT) will be replaced. Both parts had to be ordered.

Don't attach it, upload to photobucket and link it.

Update:

I am having the same parts replaced due to the bulletin that was released July 27, 2013 is what they said but they checked the temp sensor had a white mark on it and stated if it had this mark it needed to go through with the bulletin! So both parts are on order and I will see by friday if anything is fixed... but I had started getting a noise as if my ears are ringing anyone heard this before? The shop floorman witnessed it so thats good now it is being diagnosed!

I am having the same parts replaced due to the bulletin that was released July 27, 2013 is what they said but they checked the temp sensor had a white mark on it and stated if it had this mark it needed to go through with the bulletin! So both parts are on order and I will see by friday if anything is fixed... but I had started getting a noise as if my ears are ringing anyone heard this before? The shop floorman witnessed it so thats good now it is being diagnosed!

I complained about this right after I got my Spark. One of my residents today said they heard the noise while driving. Mine does it after its been off for 10-30 minutes. I played this video for her and she said that's it. While we were talking her car also made the noise fir about 10 seconds. Is this what you hear too?

http://s333.photobucket.com/user/bluer101/media/Spark/IMG_0592.mp4.html

My invoice doesn't list a BCM update performed, guess I have more info to add when I contact Chevy tonight.

No you had the compressor thrown at it. I believe this still is one of the issues like with mine and the high pitch noise. I bet the compressor, program, 2 sensors, and refill with proper level might do the trick. Fingers crossed.

I'm waiting for you guys that have already been to give the thumbs up.

I complained about this right after I got my Spark. One of my residents today said they heard the noise while driving. Mine does it after its been off for 10-30 minutes. I played this video for her and she said that's it. While we were talking her car also made the noise fir about 10 seconds. Is this what you hear too? http://s333.photobucket.com/user/bluer101/media/Spark/IMG_0592.mp4.html

That sounds like a high pressure leak. Similar to when you let air out of a balloon while pulling the bottom to make it tight.

I complained about this right after I got my Spark. One of my residents today said they heard the noise while driving. Mine does it after its been off for 10-30 minutes. I played this video for her and she said that's it. While we were talking her car also made the noise fir about 10 seconds. Is this what you hear too? http://s333.photobucket.com/user/bluer101/media/Spark/IMG_0592.mp4.html

yeah i think so but mine is when on or off we parked it on the service drive and could hear it inside the rental building dont know if it is that loud for you?

That sounds like a high pressure leak. Similar to when you let air out of a balloon while pulling the bottom to make it tight.

EXACTLY spot on its coming from the rear where the gas filler is! could it be like a charcoal canister making that noise its got to be related to pressure from the fuel system then due to its location?

I'll be bringing up the service bulletin when I contact Chevy tonight, they can throw another compressor at it if they want, as long as I don't have to spend any money. In addition I need the recirculate parts fixed since it is so easy to replicate, I know they never even looked at it. Think I may request the entire A/C troubleshooting information too, since I can't buy the service manual.

I'll be bringing up the service bulletin when I contact Chevy tonight, they can throw another compressor at it if they want, as long as I don't have to spend any money. In addition I need the recirculate parts fixed since it is so easy to replicate, I know they never even looked at it. Think I may request the entire A/C troubleshooting information too, since I can't buy the service manual.

what is the recirc issue I been seeing and how do I know if I have the issue?

Update:

"It is for all cars built from 2012 on." On cars that were built prior to 11/2012, there is an additional part and sensor that need to be replaced. Strong words, if they are aware, this sure sounds like the need for a recall of certain build dates, or are they just hoping most people will just accept their defective units, and move along. They have dates, they know exactly what cars are affected. This may or may not be the beginning of the end to the cool/cold problem, here's hoping. But it's a damned shame, that a small group of consumers have to play detective, and spoon feed their local asshole dealers with printouts, documents, etc, while the uninformed continue to get screwed. These bastards need to be investigated by the Federal Trade Commission.

My invoice doesn't list a BCM update performed, guess I have more info to add when I contact Chevy tonight.

Apparently your dealership is not aware of this document either, if they were, this update should have been the first order of business, pathetic.

Update:

Let's try this.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6XvlAXN7F5XRXgzcW1NeE1QeW8/edit?usp=sharing