2LT speakers instant better sound trick

well my spark is being fixed i got a rental another 2LT, got in, driving, turned it up, and amazingly the speakers didnt sound like crap.. its a rental vehicle so I'm sure theyre stock.. jammin along and decided to play with the levels .. the previous driver had the bass and mids at 0 and treble all the way up at 12. I put everything back to 0 and they sounded like crap again.. turned the bass to 5, crap.. mids to 3, crap... treble to 5 (how i usually set any radio) still crap.. turned the treble to 10.. and beauty.. i dont know why or wtf is going on how these are wired in or process the signal and all that but it worked... mine with the after market speakers have the treble at 1 mids and bass at 3 so..?

you're not going to get crazy bass or anything (and i love my bass) but this actually sounds good.. i moved the fade one spot back from center and balance is equal..

just happy to not be miserable for 2 weeks while mine is repaired

I cant go past 3 on the treble fro my clarions gets way too high hurts my ears.. they produce decent bass and mids not earth shattering but the levels/tone/sound whatever you want to call it is there.

gossamer the 2lt have 2 way front speakers where the 1lt is just a 1way paper cone. i listened to both before buying 2lt does sound slightly better than the 1lt.. all in all these are about the cheapest speakers they can make either way.

well my spark is being fixed i got a rental another 2LT, got in, driving, turned it up, and amazingly the speakers didnt sound like crap.. its a rental vehicle so I'm sure theyre stock.. jammin along and decided to play with the levels .. the previous driver had the bass and mids at 0 and treble all the way up at 12. I put everything back to 0 and they sounded like crap again.. turned the bass to 5, crap.. mids to 3, crap... treble to 5 (how i usually set any radio) still crap.. turned the treble to 10.. and beauty.. i dont know why or wtf is going on how these are wired in or process the signal and all that but it worked... mine with the after market speakers have the treble at 1 mids and bass at 3 so..?

you're not going to get crazy bass or anything (and i love my bass) but this actually sounds good.. i moved the fade one spot back from center and balance is equal..

just happy to not be miserable for 2 weeks while mine is repaired

Excellent info. I tried the same and you are correct, sounds much better.

Alex not sure about shipping to israel and what not but you can get a really decent pair of 4"speakers for under $50 usd.. for $30 even.. buying the $130 pair wont be much o a difference you should be able to swap out front and back for under $100

nj i think we're all just used to having systems in our cars with booming bass and what not or even just some fuller sound thats hard to get out of these little guys

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reading these complaints and wandering what the issue is because I've felt my sparks 2lt speakers were fine. I checked my settings and I was at 0 bass and mid and 6 treble.

it really depends on the person..

since my first car, ive always removed the factory speakers and replaced them with aftermarket...

right off the bat i could tell the spark speakers were garabge.

really depends on what you've been used to in cars