0-30 oil OK for hot climate?

Just wondering which grade oil would be best for hot (+100 degree) climate. I don't like the fact the om says I can only use 5w20 or a 0-30 can be used for cold climate. What has my attention is the 30 number when heated, so that would mean it acts like a 30 weight oil when hot, where 5w20 would be 20 weight when hot. I would prefer to use a 5w30, but could give grounds for warranty problems with how the om is written, but it only says "0w30 can be used in cold climates ". I would chose the 0w30 over 5w20. Would this also give them a reason to void a warranty claim? I think the lawyers at GM, and the EPA were all over this one

Edited by austex04

Funny, I thought NC to be much cooler during the summer than central Texas. I think I might have to email GM about my concern about how the owners manual is worded regarding 0w30 weight oil, it gives the impression it's only for cold climates. I want to make sure there's no loopholes with warranty coverage if I use this grade oil in a hot climate. I diy with most maintenance, keep thorough documentation and receipts for proof my car is maintained per the maintenance schedule. I'm also having issues with the stock Goodyear tires, and the resulting vibration on a brand new car. They already replaced one that was 22lbs on the road force balancer, the others are 14, 16, 10, and 11lbs, pitiful! They don't consider out of spec til 18+lbs, car still has a slight vibration but more tolerable. Nice to buy a new car, and have to buy 4 new tires or live with a vibration on a new car until the tread wears out. I love the car, I hate Goodyear.

I want the 0w30, since it flows faster when cold, and thickens to 30 weight when hot. I used this grade in my old car, and the one before that I used the extended life syn. Been using M1 for years, good stuff as well as a true group 4 synthetic. I think I'll just use this grade, since it's dexos approved, in addition to the om saying it can be used.