• 2 months later...

So just to make sure I have this right, the radio trim pulls straight out and is only held in my the clips?

Yes, clips only, but they are very difficult. I ended up using plastic pry tools with tape on the dash edges. Then pulled the glove box to pinch the back sides of the 2 clips i could get to. In the end I broke the bottom 2 clips on the AC control. When I put the new radio bezel on i removed most of the clips so it can come off easy if needed in the future.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem getting the trim off. Stopped after trying to to pull it off. I am going to ask the dealer service guys how to get this off.

It's a bitch to get off but I wanted to do it myself. I did not want the dealer to mess up the dash.

I started on the right side inside the glove box and released a few clips. You have to work hard around the edges. The 2 clips broke on the bottom. After all said and done this is why I left them off on the new bezel.

• 3 weeks later...

I did get the trim off. put tape all around the piece.. I pushed from the back of the piece by reaching in from the glove box opening. as much as I could

I then stuck a wide flat head screw driver under the bottomr ight corner and pried a bit.

>pop<

moved a fraction of an inch. I then used a plastic trim remover tool to work my way around as my girlfriend held constant tension on it.

No breaks or scratches!

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have the part number for this. The only part number I can find is: 95131554. That number only produces results for the the LS faceplate. I called shopchevyparts.com and the guy there said it doesn't exist which is clearly not the case. I mean no disrespect to bluer101, on the contrary I'm glad to have been made aware that this faceplate exists, but this thread does illustrate something that frustrates me about many posts that include such a link. The link provided isn't to the actual product page nor does it include the OEM part number. I'm not sure I understand why bluer101 didn't post a direct link to the actual part in question. A search on Ebay produces a picture of the MyLink console faceplate but the actual part number is for the LS radio console (the price s also much higher).

The online Chevy catalogs show the same picture for two different part #s, which is why you are confused. One number is for the LS plate in green the other is for the LT style plate in green.

My research showed me the following for jalapeno

95131554 = Radio UF7 (touch screen)

95131553 = Radio UM7 (LS style base radio)

Do some digging and you'll see the same.

Edited by psquare75

Thanks psquare & bluer. I called and spoke with Cary. He had some difficulty as well reconciling the current GM catalog part numbers with the ones on his site. GM has discontinued the part numbers he references on his site, changing them for 2014-2015. The color description for green has also change from "jalapeno" to "lime" which makes me curious as to the actual differences in hue, if any. Anyway, he's going to visually match the part he has with the photo I sent to be sure.

Thanks again.

EDIT: checked the GM color codes and they are the same.

PS: Has anyone else done this and is there a video available? My dealer said they could do it for about $50.00US but if I could check out a video I might consider ordering a set of plastic trim tools and go DIY.

Edited by m1ckDELTA
  • 5 months later...

Where can I buy that trim and radio for my spark because I installed a nice sound system but the standard radio of the car doesnt have rca outputs and so my sound system cant play at its peak level performance. Im from SOuth Africa so these parts are hard to come by.