Bleeding coolant system

• 4 weeks later...

The drain is located on the right bottom of the radiator. The release valve is plastic and can be turned by hand. The drain opening is right below the valve. Make sure the car has cooled and been sitting for about an hour before draining the coolant to avoid injury. Release the filler cap on the overflow to before draining so it flows more freely. Old thread but it should help others.

On 10/14/2019 at 11:01 AM, thismarks said:

The drain is located on the right bottom of the radiator. The release valve is plastic and can be turned by hand. The drain opening is right below the valve. Make sure the car has cooled and been sitting for about an hour before draining the coolant to avoid injury. Release the filler cap on the overflow to before draining so it flows more freely. Old thread but it should help others.

They aren't draining it. They are bleeding it. I didn't have to bleed mine after changing out the tank. I just filled it to the proper level and had zero issues. 

• 1 year later...

Greetings.  Been trying for some time to stop the gurgling sound (apparently air bubbles ) from the cooling system in my Spark 1.2. The coolant level stays fairly constant.  Problem seems to occur when the thermostat has opened.  The engine does not overheat at all.