Has anyone put a cb radio in there spark

If you went with a single DIN radio, you could buy a single DIN CB and mount it in the dash. Else you will need to go with a remote system that has pretty much all the controls on a microphone and a remote speaker mounted somewhere.

Does anyone still use CB? A lot of the truckers went to HAM radios once the no code tests came out because they can talk MUCH farther.

Maybe something like this?

http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-75WXST-40-Channel-CB-Radio/dp/B00005N5WW

Or maybe this convertable kit?

https://midlandusa.com/cb-radios/product/75-822cb-radio/

Edited by Greg_E

you know where all the speed traps are when you have a cb radio. I also want hear what there saying about spark.

If this was 1976, I'm sure that would be possible.

I've got a CB/SW/AM/FM receiver that I flip on once in a blue moon. I once got some faint chitter chatter of people talking in "rubber duck" speak. That's about it. CB has been pretty much dead for at least a couple decades. I'd say those hand held FRS 2-way radios have pretty much replaced CB, I think.

Edited by Trancer07

10-4 good buddy

my 2 cents...

I use Scanner Radion app on my note 2 for police calls they're actually entertaining when you understand the codes lol

there are also CB radio apps

even better if you where grandfathered in (like i was) and kept your unlimited data. Root your device and wifi tether so you have 4G where ever you go.

i told this story on another thread... i was stuck in traffic for about an hour ... forgot to load up daft punk on my tablet (which is used solely for my car) so i turned wifi tether on and downloaded the new full daft punk album while stuck in traffic its awesome

Edited by Lovgun7

The Midland would offer the best of both since it has battery and antenna, plus the car adapter with power and antenna for sort of in car use. The cobra is slightly nicer for car only because it put the final amplifier in the remote box (or at least I think it does since it says not to put it in a hot area.

You cant put a 50 watt booster in those, but that is against the law. but lot of people do that.

The Midland would offer the best of both since it has battery and antenna, plus the car adapter with power and antenna for sort of in car use. The cobra is slightly nicer for car only because it put the final amplifier in the remote box (or at least I think it does since it says not to put it in a hot area.

Edited by Jeffrey Makela

I use a midland 75-785, works great! Eventually I'll get an actual antenna and mount for the Cherokee, but for now I just switch the CB and antenna between vehicles.

I threw some rechargeable AA batteries I had laying around (after recharging) and it works great on battery power if needed.

It says it has charging ability for NI-CD batteries but not sure if it requires a special charger or what? I use ni-cd AAA batteries in it and a seperate charger. Would be nice because it takes FOREVER to charge 9 AA batteries!

Edited by NoSprak