Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
njresler

Mylink Steering Wheel controls.

16 posts in this topic

Today my steering wheel controls stopped working? I turned off car a couple of times and hoped it would reset but no luck. Then when I put it in reverse now it tries to pick up back up camera which I don't have. 

Only for the radio. Cruise works. 

Also no temp on the display. Wish I know what happened and also wish I actually had the backup camera

Not sure what is going on here, but did you get the MyLink recall update done...if so that could be the problem. If not then try disconnecting the battery overnight.

I did the update. But a month or so ago. Just now having issues. It's super frustrating. I don't want to pay the dealer for something simple. I'll try disconnecting the battery.  

Disconnecting batter didn't work. It's either a fuse or wiring?  Unless its software. It is strange that all of a sudden it tries to use a backup camera

Others have had this issue after the update...sometimes right away sometimes after a while..Take it back in..warranty issue.

I called the dealer they have no knowledge of such defect with the new update. But I'm going to call the service manager because I know him personally and see if he has any information. 

My 2013 2 lt with manual trans started this yesterday. Can't control the mylink from the steering wheel controls no outside temperature reading on the radio and when I backup it says service back up camera which it doesn't have. Recall was done several months ago for the radio no problems til just now. Any fixes yet anyone heard? I plan on taking it in to see what they say

3 hours ago, Chippy848 said:

My 2013 2 lt with manual trans started this yesterday. Can't control the mylink from the steering wheel controls no outside temperature reading on the radio and when I backup it says service back up camera which it doesn't have. Recall was done several months ago for the radio no problems til just now. Any fixes yet anyone heard? I plan on taking it in to see what they say

That's weird that it was months ago and now this. Are you sure you have not done anything recently?

Others have reported similar issues after the MyLink recall service..Never had mine done as it has no symptoms that the recall is for. Only recall I have had in over 100Kmi is the PCV replace recall at about 30Kmi. Car still looks and runs like new...2013 1LT auto tranny with 106Kmi on it.

Nope I haven't done anything lately. From the research I have done it is caused by installing the wrong update for the recall for mylink. I only drive the car once every week or two my better half runs the wheels off it though and she find the notice it. I could of swore everything worked fine that sat morn then quit working half way through are trip, I'm going to talk to my service manager to get it looked into and will keep you posted when I do 

Ok, sounds good. 

I took it into the dealer they redid the update and fixed it 

Yes picked mine up yesterday they said they had to recalibrate the update. All is good and no charge!

SO, a little over a year hasn’t gone by since this happened and was fixed. Last night after turning my car off for a few minutes upon restarting it has happened again.