Lazerface

My Budget Roof Rack Build

33 posts in this topic

That is so rad

Now to get the top part of the box some green graphics or something to tie it in :)

I love it. It looks awesome. What do you carry in it?

That is so rad

Now to get the top part of the box some green graphics or something to tie it in :)

I love it. It looks awesome. What do you carry in it?

Got a lot of comments from drivers, one guy must have been early 20's wants to get one because of how it looks :)

When I go away I usually have two sets of hiking gear just incase, camping equipment and travel stuff for road trips (not all of this at the same time though) :)

Be interested to see what your avg MPG is with the cargo box when you get some miles on it.

Looks good but not for me. I bet you will take a hit in MPG's.

selling these crossbars only, as seen in the first pic of thread.

if anyone is interested, please email me. make me an offer, they're just sitting in my garage taking up space :(

MrLazerface@gmail.com

i got an rack (imperial) from John, who made it by himself :)

It's useless now, because as we speak the antenna and roofrails are being removed, holes are welded and than the roof is painted black XD

i want to put the rails on my girlfriends Spark, because she hasen't got the rails.

anyways, the pictures :) :

Foto550-3UP7NK4F.jpg

Foto550-A4WFSDTM.jpg

Edited by weetsj

Can you tell me what was the brand and item number of the universal crossbars you got off of evbay.

Mine are the same as pictured above, in the first posts, I went to my purchase history on ebay, but the vendor is long gone. They came in a plain white box, unbranded, the only description was "locking aluminum universal crossbars", they went for $50. I've had them for two years now, and they are standing up well. Ebay has quite a few reasonably priced though, take a look around here,,http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3692.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0&_nkw=ALUMINUM+UNIVERSAL+LOCKING+CROSS+BARS+&_sacat=0