2015 LT (I Guess) Right High Bean no power

Hello All, 

Newbee here. I just bought a new to me 2015 Spark LT. I assume the LT is the nonfancy model. Standard shift 5 speed. My owner's manual doesn't really tell me what model it is. The former owner told me he hit some road debris on the interstate. He had just changed the oil the day before. He noticed it was leaking oil pretty badly. About a quart an hour. This ain't good. He parked it in the back yard and would have a look at it when he had time. It just had 60k miles and is a really clean car. I offered to buy it not knowing the source of the leak. He said shoot me a price. I offered 1k for the car. He countered offered with 800 bucks because of the leak. We went to the ATM and now I'm the proud owner.  I cranked it up, sounds smooth as glass. drove it around the block to check out the transmission and breaks. All is well. The CEL was on, as was the ABS. I pulled the codes. Got a C0035-06 (LFW Speed Sensor Voltage Low OR Open) and P0449 (Evap) I have yet to look at the speed sensor issue but I did purchase the Evap Valve. Only to learn the gas tank has to be lowered to access the little box of charcoal or whatever it is. Not looking forward to that. Maybe you know a short cut to replace this little jewel. 

So what was the cause of the oil leak, well, seems when he changed the oil and filter he removed the new filter from the box. He DID NOT however remove the plastic shrink wrap from the filter before installing it on the engine. The gasket never came into contact with the engine block. The hot oil shrank the plastic wrapper even more and caused it to leak profusely. I crawled from under the car, went down to my local parts store, picked up a new filter and the proper oil. Prefilled the filter with fresh oil (I always do that) sprayed the engine down with Gunk, gave it a good cleaning. After a quick start up, check and rechecked for any leaks only to find not a single drop.

I understand this is a bottom of the line automobile but I do dig the MPG. My Ford Explorer with its V8 is giving me about 16 in the city and 18 at best on the highway. Nothing like cutting your gas bill each month. But I will keep the Explorer when I need to tow my boat to the lake. :)

Lastly, I have no power coming to the high beam wiring at the right headlight. I checked the connectors, I check the fuse, I replaced the high beam relay to no avail.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have to offer. 

RS

1a.jpg

Edited by Radioace318
add photo