Features of my 2017 Spark LS I like best..

After nearly 3 years of driving my Spark LS 2017, these are the items I like the most about this car:

1. Size....big enough inside but so easy to park in small spaces. A great example of this was at the St Augustine Beach. On one popular day at the beach, every one of the 500 or so parking slots were full, except one very narrow space was open, where apparently no one was able to park. Parked there easily!

2. Rear view camera....so great to see what is behind the car before turning my head 180 degrees, my 79 year old neck thanks the car.

It even shows the exact track where my car is headed in reverse, this is so great for new drivers.

3. Zero problems in 3 years and 20k miles, unless you consider slightly squeaky opening the front doors as a problem. A squirt of lubricating oil took care of the squeak. I wish all my car problems in the past were this easy to fix.

4. Smooth CVT tansmission which strives to maintain RPM's in optimum range for gas mileage

and the result indeed is great gas mileage. So good to fill-up for $15.

Edited by Bobby MSME

I got rid of my 2014 Spark in May. i loved that car but the main issue I had was other drivers. i cannot tell you how many times I got ran off the road, pulled in front of or got cut in front of. Why I have no idea. It just kept getting worse. It had almost 90,000 on it when I traded it in and it was still going strong. I ended up getting a 2017 Ford Escape that I love. Its not a large SUV but the road issues I was having with other drivers stopped. Its really strange. But I will say Oklahoma drivers are pretty bad in general anyway lol.

• 5 weeks later...

Glad It's not just my imagination Ray. When I first got my Spark after driving a pickup for years I noticed larger vehicles passing just to be in front so I have to tail them, not because I was driving slow. Whipping out from a stop in front of me instead of waiting a second for me to pass by so I end up having to slow way down until they gain speed. Changing lanes into mine with little regard whether I'm already occupying that space or not. Pure bullying and disrespect. I think the Spark must be the Rodney Dangerfield of the car world. 

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Just joined and this was the first post I saw. I just purchased a 2017 Red Hot Spark LS with 4600 miles ( that is correct, under 5k miles purchased on 3/6/2020.) I picked this up for my new driver daughter that did not want anything big. We got a great deal on this car. To be honest I avoided buying this car for quite some time. It is about as basic as you can get. One front arm rest, auto locks only work for the driver door, ac doesn't seem that strong, still learning all the quirks. The good is the Telematics and bluetooth connectivity and surprising spritely to drive. The size will be perfect for her.

I imagine I will turn this account over to her. Glad to see enthusiasts out there for her to connect with. Her auto enthusiast sister already has designs on modding this for her ... oh well.

Hope to see everyone around.

Ken - aka RedHotSpark

Yes that is a problem when bigger cars just turn into my lane ahead of me, sometimes I have to slam the brakes to avoid an accident. I am chalking it off to a combination of (rudeness + bad eye sight + bad speed judgement + late for something + low IQ). Fortunately these incidents are not frequent, but all it takes is one accident.