What is your best miles per gallon

I have to say I LOVE the spark! awsome little toy. I got the pink one< and I find that people are WAy less agressive towards it,,they dont ride up my back bumper on the highway and I can actually merge in. guess that the pink calms them down plus I have a reflective siker on the back bumper like on large semis. My best mileage so far is 42 MPg mostly highway, I got 40.2 this past fillup! 20% City /80% HWy. I can't wait until the car is broken in. I Calculate the milage on full tanks, pump only until pump cuts off..no overfill or rounding off. BEST TOY EVER!!

199717.pngpost-552-0-24416300-1367620170_thumb.jpg

I suggest joining fuelly.com to track mpgs, and to give perspective buyers an idea to real world mileage. My best tank so far has been 37mpgs, because I drive mostly local hwy and city, as well as having a heavy foot. Those who have visited this city know about it's awful traffic problems and even worse drivers. My hwy mpgs will probably never go beyond 40, because the speed limits are too high to get that. My next trip to Louisiana should give some impressive numbers, since it involves 2 lane hwys with 55mph limits.

Edited by austex04

Our average mileage has reached a new high: 39.0 MPG. It ticked up to 38.9 a couple of weeks ago after we got our first oil change (Dexos Synthetic Blend). It's a 2 LT with automatic. The odometer is just coming up on 5,000 miles in a little over four months. We do mostly rural driving, but have lots of hills. The Spark just keeps getting better and better!

I have a little over 10,000 miles and with the warmer weather and different wind pattern I've been averaging over 41 for the last couple of tanks. Of course it's almost snowing again and I had a head wind in the way to work so this tank will be lower, sitting at almost 42 on the computer and need to fill it tomorrow.

Mine seems so depressing. I seem to average about 33. 32.9 right now. It seems to get better on the highway, but not much. I may be doing something wrong. I know that traveling at high RPMs decreases gas mileage. I'm cruising at maybe 2400 and that's completely different than my.previous car which was a 2000 Malibu that would cruise at about 1700. I don't do much highway driving anymore, but I do have a short commute on essentially a non stop road. I could be getting better MPG, but getting it is the problem. Any ideas?