Lojack and road service system

I stopped by a dealer and they told me they are still fixing the hood problems. I am looking for Spark 2014 LS automatic. They told me that their Spark LS has Lojack and road service system (I thought LT will have this add-on). I know the Lojack system. I am not clear about the road service. What he showed me is a button, when you push it and it will send signal/messenger to closest car service place. Someone will come and fix it. I know AAA has similar service, but you need to buy service and call them.

My questions are:

1>Does every Spark LS come with Lojack and road service system?

2>Can anyone explain this service to me? If I push the button, who will I exactly will contact with? Who will offer this service? Do I need to pay for it? (Monthly fee or the fee fix the car)

3>Will I get a better deal if I buy Spark 2014 at the end of year. You know Spark 2015 is coming out The old model might be cheaper?

Thanks

Hi, 1> Every Spark comes with a 6 month trial of Onstar, which provides some extra services, ask the dealership for a brochure, which will explain what they are. You can check their website online, at Onstar.com. And 5 years roadside assistance, provided by GM, which basically provides the same services that you would receive from AAA.

2> When you push the blue button, you will connect with Onstar, who will dispatch your roadside service to assist you. You are not paying for the roadside service, that is being provided by GM, as part of your warranty. If you want to continue with the Onstar service, you will be billed either $200 or $300 a year, depending on what plan you choose. If you decide to drop Onstar, then you would call GM roadside assistance directly, that service will stay with you, for a five year period, at no extra cost.

3> The prices on the Chevy website, and local dealers seem to be the same. I would insist on a 2015, as when trade-in time rolls around, that extra year will make a difference on the book value of the car, not a major difference, but a few hundred dollars anyway.

No sparks have a LoJack system, they have OnStar which is a cellphone connected data service that can report the cars position through GPS if the OnStar person is given a police report number, they will report where the car is located. If a thief takes the car into an area where there is no cell phone service, then no one can find it. It's also easy to unplug it, so any thief worth their time will just unplug it before starting the car.

No sparks have a LoJack system, they have OnStar which is a cellphone connected data service that can report the cars position through GPS if the OnStar person is given a police report number, they will report where the car is located. If a thief takes the car into an area where there is no cell phone service, then no one can find it. It's also easy to unplug it, so any thief worth their time will just unplug it before starting the car.

OK. Thanks. The salesman told me his car has LoJack and Onstar service. I might make mistake. I guess he means the same thing. I know LoJack costs a couple of hundred dollars.

I think LoJack has a cheaper monthly cost than OnStar, but it can't call for help if you crash.

Do I need to pay monthly fee for LoJack? I don't know why my dealer's car has this system which has been already installed? Can I ask them to remove them?