I'm wondering what is the better option?

1) Putting yellow vinyl over my foglight housing

or

2) Replace the stock bulb and buy an actual yellow foglight bulb?

I'd like the foglight housing to still look yellow even when they are not on so maybe just using

vinyl is better?

Yeah, Laminx replied to me saying they didn't have any pre-cut for the Spark model but maybe some of their round foglight vinyl covers would fit if the sizes are the same.

I measured my foglights and they are 4 inches in diameter (horizontally from one end to the other) and 3 inches vertically (from top to bottom). Is this correct???

I thought they were CIRCLES but when I measured it, it appears our foglights are actually OVAL. Can anyone confirm this?

Oh, I see in your picture that you have a newer Spark (2013). The 2013's and up all have the smaller foglights and those are definitely round. Mine is a 2011 model. Not sure if there is anyone here who can also confirm this. I measured the foglight glass bulb, not including the black housing.

I got my yellow laminate today but it's a sheet roll so I'll have to cut out slightly larger than the foglight and then trim it off after it's on.

My question is, since I'm not familiar with this car make, it looks a little difficult to access the foglight housing. I want to remove the entire foglight so that it's much easier to apply the laminate

over it and trim it off with an exacto knife. Then reinstall the foglight into the car housing unit.

I think it'll be a PITA to try and get the laminate covering on the foglight while it's still in the housing unit. It's really sticky on one side and I can't see how I would be able to squeeze that through between the bulb and foglight housing all the while I'm on my knees or ass reaching at it.

Does anyone happen to have a tutorial on foglight removal for the Spark? Perhaps a video? lol. If not, my tune up garage i go to said they can remove it for me so I can apply the laminate myself. I just ordered the black rear spoiler and it came into the tuning shop and they are sending it away to get it spray painted to match my car color (belgian brown or coconut champagne metallic lol), but I want to leave the CAP or the little spoiler black while the main spoiler is the same color as my car.

They'll install it for me when the painting is done. When everything is done, I'll take some pics and show you how it all looks including the yellow fogs, my new OEM STOCK black lugnuts (got rid of the tuner lugs as they are so rare to find). I also replaced my spark plugs today with DENSO LONG LASTING IRIDIUM.

Actually, I have decided to attempt to install the laminate leaving everything on the car. There is a big enough gap between the light bulb glass and the housing to slide a thin plastic card/squeegee to get the laminate fully affixed. I'm going to use the "water" method where you wet the foglights and the laminate sticky side (and wet your hands) so that you can affix it and move it around a bit before letting it settle to finally stick. If I don't use the water method, it'll be a real mess because once the laminate sticks, it's stuck and i'd have to do a lot of "cutting/trimming" in the end. What I did was measured the foglight and cut out the circles. I made them just a bit bigger than the actual measurement since the foglight is convex so I believe there is actually more surface area to cover than the 4 inches I measured across.

I'll also be using a hair dryer to heat the laminate film a bit just enough to make it more flexible and easy to manipulate. The weather has been raining all day so I couldn't get it done yet. Waiting for a sunny warm day to do this.

Well I got it done today at the tuning shop. They jacked up the car, removed my wheels, and inner fender lining and took out the fog lights for me. Then I applied the film on myself using a hair dryer, water method and stretching/pressing as best I could to make it smooth.

It turned out ok. There are still some tiny wrinkles on the edges and some air bubbles but all in all, I'm pretty pleased with the final result. Here are some pictures I took.

I also got my black rear spoiler installed today also. I didn't want to black out the ENTIRE spoiler, just the little cap on the top of the rear spoiler.

Also a bonus, for some reason he removed my airbox resonator ...i guess that helps to get at the foglights without obstruction. Turns out I wanted to remove the airbox resonator anyways and asked them not to put it back in. It's just like my Volant CAI setup now I used to have on my ford.

I must say that I once again felt a better response to the car after the airbox resonator delete. It feels like it breathes better and feels more peppy from the line. I think the sound has even gotten better also lol.

On the drive home, I hit 150 km/h for the first time in this little car. It actually felt alright for a small car...i know sometimes going 120 km/h feels a little unstable for this car, but 150 felt great. Mind you I don't normally drive that fast. The fastest I've ever driven on public roads was 160 km/h in my ford focus ...i don't plan on doing that with the spark.

post-1392-0-68275000-1408533499_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-01670400-1408533506_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-42514400-1408533512_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-44557500-1408533524_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-31893000-1408533527_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-32960800-1408533530_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-13476000-1408533532_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-17140900-1408533534_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-34339200-1408533770_thumb.jp

post-1392-0-05743900-1408533772_thumb.jp

Edited by cornflakes

Oh and my decals are coming in. I got my Mobil 1 decal in (this one I'm planning to put on black spoiler) and the other ones coming will be my K&N and Denso decals.

That's about all I want to add, but I wouldn't mind adding HRE (wheels) too, but those are hard decals to find.

post-1392-0-62942000-1408534109_thumb.jp

This is also a small video of my driveby from my room window just slowly through the town road. The first is just my normal

sound with the valve closed (much louder than stock though). The second clip is with the valve open (much louder...too loud for me so i keep the valve closed 99% of the time).

The only time I like to open the valve is if I'm driving slowly through town or just idling. It sounds good at low rpms.

driveby sounds

• 4 weeks later...