This past weekend I got my fog lights installed by a personal mechanic. I know I need to get it programmed by the dealer in order for them to work. Now I have one question….How long does the labor time to program the fog lights take? My dealer charges about 120$/ hour so I was wondering if that's about right to get them reprogrammed.

Cost me $50 back when I had it done, and because the software wasn't out Chevy screwed the guy out of about 4 hours. Have you tried them to see if they work? Last I heard they no longer shipped with the product key you needed to activate the option, I was hoping they stopped the silly DRM on the options.

• 1 month later...

I just installed the fog lights from the install write up on this site. And I took it to the dealer to get programmed and they said they needed a code off the box. Does anyone know what code they would be looking for and if it would be on any other part. I'm trying to get this working for my wife and would rather not splice other wires and make my own wiring to get this to work

I just installed the fog lights from the install write up on this site. And I took it to the dealer to get programmed and they said they needed a code off the box. Does anyone know what code they would be looking for and if it would be on any other part. I'm trying to get this working for my wife and would rather not splice other wires and make my own wiring to get this to work

From what I have read from Greg on these forums there should be a piece of paper with an activation code. You might have to contact the seller for that code. I know, it's stupid.

They might be able to just update the BCM to the latest version, seems Chevy might have dropped the need for the code. If not, then I'm not sure if the code is anywhere else, mine had a sheet of paper with the code clearly printed on it, nothing on the box about the code.

I contacted the seller they gave me some code number. But my wife likes to keep everything tidy and throw everything out. So that sheet got tossed out. Thank you for the help.

Edited by Gcfgiv
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any way to verify the bcm update. Took it to the dealer but they said they updated the bcm but said it had no power to fuse for the fogs. I made a jumper to test that when power was applied the fog lights would activate. I also tested the relay and it closed when 12v was applied. Does any one have any ideas on what else to test. Or does anyone know if I can personally verify that the bcm software was updated