When I parked in front of the DMV office yesterday, there were a bunch of people standing outside (smoking and whatnot) and when I got out of my Spark a few came over and were questioning me about it.

As I was talking to them, more people kept coming over looking at the car and asking questions.

By the time I disengaged myself from them to go in the DMV office, there was about 6 or 7 people standing around me and my car!

Of course when questioned I made sure I mentioned this forum.

I also made sure I mentioned every single fault and problem that both myself and others here have had with the Spark, and was gratified to have 2 people tell me that they were glad to talk to me since they were considering purchasing Sparks, but I changed their minds!

Most people dread having to go to the DMV, but I'm thinking about going back at least once a week! :hysterical:

You advised them not to buy the Spark? Why? Like all makes and models, some have their faults, but not all of them do. Remember, that out of the multitudes of people that have the cars, only a small percentage have issues. I had my issues with my car, my Spark issue is altogether different than most, and I have taken them up with GM directly. I don't air dirty laundry, I don't get all upset, I don't threaten and in doing so, GM and I are working towards an agreement on the car. I like the car, the faults are minor, and they will be eventually resolved either through model updates or fixes. I will be getting another GM product, but I am not sure it will be a Spark. I have the chance to get into something a little bigger, which I plan on doing. Would I tell someone not to get a Spark? No, I think it is the best bang for the buck for an A-segment car.

Nowhere did I say I "advised" anyone to do or not do anything. What I said, and what I did, was honestly answer people's questions about the car. I tried the warm and fuzzy approach of dealing with the issues with my car and GM made promises they did not keep. If you are the type of person that would not tell others the truth when asked about a car that has known issues - both mechanical and customer service related, then that's on you. I would not want to see another person get screwed. As I have said many times, I really do like the Spark - if I didn't, I would never have agreed to take the replacement that was promised but never materialized. Between all the problems and GM's lousy customer service, in my view it is not worth the metal it is made from. I would rather take my money somewhere else and get decent customer service.

Edited by Gossamer

You advised them not to buy the Spark? Why? Like all makes and models, some have their faults, but not all of them do. Remember, that out of the multitudes of people that have the cars, only a small percentage have issues. I had my issues with my car, my Spark issue is altogether different than most, and I have taken them up with GM directly. I don't air dirty laundry, I don't get all upset, I don't threaten and in doing so, GM and I are working towards an agreement on the car. I like the car, the faults are minor, and they will be eventually resolved either through model updates or fixes. I will be getting another GM product, but I am not sure it will be a Spark. I have the chance to get into something a little bigger, which I plan on doing. Would I tell someone not to get a Spark? No, I think it is the best bang for the buck for an A-segment car.

:victory:

This was a first for me too.

I've had people ask me questions about the car before, but never had that many.

I think it was due to the long wait times and that I literally parked right in front of the DMV office.

Actually the first person that did come up to me asked me if it was electric! :)

i've never drawn a crowd... although i get a bunch of people looking at it wondering what it is lol...

#1 thing people say "Electric ?"

I have had a lot of people think it's electric because of the nameā€¦.they look disappointed when I tell them it's a regular gas one :/

I've had people ask me, is it electric? Is it a smart car? Why are you filling up at a gas station? Did you import it from Japan? How many MPG's do you get? How much does it cost to fill up? One of my favorites, because I live in a small town with old farmers, THAT'S A CHEVY??? :drop:

Edited by CurtisA