Any good deals to be had in January?

Hello everyone,

First post here. Currently own a Montana minivan that I picked up over the summer. I didn't want a minivan, but needed something with a hatch, and quick, as my Focus Wagon engine seized up on me. There weren't many options in my price range. Figured I'd replace in a year or two when something more to my liking came along. Would consider a used Yaris, Mazda 2, or a new Mirage perhaps. Chevy wasn't really on my list of possibilities.

So in the mail comes a $3000 off voucher from my GM Card. Truthfully, I'm leery of GM after owning this Montana. But $3000 is $3000. It expires end of February. While nice, I know I'm not going to be able to do anything with it unless I can pick up up a new Spark for less than 8K out the door (including voucher). I'll even learn to drive a manual if I can pick up one up for $9995 as noted in another thread. But I need to keep this a cash deal. I don't do debt.

I started looking around my local area (Cincinnati), but I'm not seeing anything selling for much less than about $250 under MSRP. I know there's not much markup on these, and Chevy's not offering any incentives right now. Saw a dealership in New Mexico selling the base Spark with CVT for a little over 11K, but that's a 3 day drive from here!

If anyone knows of a dealership within a reasonable drive of the Cincinnati area that is blowing out 2013/2014 Sparks (or Sonic Hatchbacks), could you please let me know?

Thanks,

Southern Harmony

I got around 1200 off mine (after current promo), went in at the end of the month and said I'll buy it today at $xx,xxx dealer tried to say no and say there's not much room to move but that doesn't mean there's none. Go to dealer, ask for price, tell them what you will pay today and watch them squirm.

$13592 http://www.herndonchevy.com/VehicleDetails/new-2014-Chevrolet-Spark-Hatch_LS_%28Manual%29-Lexington-SC/2145881163

About a 12 hour drive though. Your welcome to crash for the night if it would help. Herndon did a great job with my wife and I. Sticker was $14999.00, and we got out the door for just over $12,000.00. They said there was not much of a break on these, but they did enough to get my business.

Shane.

Thanks, Shane. Appreciate the offer.

Still keeping my eyes open for something maybe a bit closer. Found a dealer in MA (Quirks?) that was offering 2000 off sticker. Of course, that's not Midwest either.

Bought a newspaper this weekend - saw some Sonics at around 14K, but nary a mention of a Spark. Come to think of it, didn't see any Mirages, Yaris, Fiat 500's, or Versa Notes either.

SH

Try emailing different dealers, some websites will do this for you. This way, you end up with a number of dealerahips bidding against each other for your business. A automatic LS lists for around 13 grand here, man just under that, but I paid much less than that.

Got a new mailer in from GM Card. They are sweetening the $3000 another $250, plus giving $1000 Trade Assistance (how exactly does that work?) and $750 discount toward an option package.

Wonder if I hold out longer if they'll sweeten it even more.

I'm in contact with a lot of different dealers, but few are willing to budge on price more than a few hundred bucks. I still have a few weeks left to play hardball with them.

SH