Cheapest places to buy tools?

As I get deeper in school etc, I've realized I'm a tad behind on the "tool scene" and will be doing some shopping in the near future :happy feet: online I've checked Lowes, Sears, and Harbor Freight. Believe it or not, so far the Craftsman brand at SEars have been the cheapest so far. Particularly I need ratcheting wrenches. Where is the cheapest you wrench heads have found em at? Thanks!

Certain things are better from Sears, but others are good from Harbor Freight. But when you are using them every day, all day long, the HF tools will break more often. The SnapOn stuff breaks less often, and the guy comes to your work to exchange them, might be the same with Matco. Start with what you can buy, and be ready to buy new and better when you break it. Yes it means buying tools twice, but you might get an entire year of pay out of the HF tools. Most of the better HF tools have a lifetime warranty too, but you will be trading them more often.

Matco trucks do come around, snapon not so much...... Ya I have had my share of craftsman tools, and broke my fair share as well. But have never had an issue with them giving me another one free. On the spot too...... Thanks for the replies guys

Oh and believe it or not Greg, HF wasn't much cheaper. Not the ratcheting wrenches anyway

Edited by tommyspark

And the HF ratcheting wrenches are not as good, the Craftsman ratchets have finer teeth so you can have more control in limited space areas. But the HF sockets are a lot cheaper, and the standard open end wrenches are pretty decent.

Edited by Greg_E

I used to be in autobody and mechanics. I will tell you that all my sockets, wrenches, and screw drivers are Craftsman. They are all lifetime warrenty with not an issue to exchange. I have used them for stuff that purposely broke them with no issue of exchange. Then I have some odd tools from Harbor Freight due to only using them every now and then. Then all my other air and speciality tools are from the tool trucks. I have Matco, Mac, Snap-on, and Blue Point. On most air tools you use all day long I started to buy spares of each one. Then is one goes down you don't lose time, you send one out to be fixed.

Then actual ratchets I bought Mac as the teeth and mechanism is way smoother than the Craftsman. But as I said before that there are a lot of specialty tools you will only find from the tool trucks. I started off years ago with a $200-$300 Craftsman kit. Then each week or so I would buy a tool from the trucks. Once my bill got under $100 I would buy another tool. If you do this you will not get over your head. Before you know it you will have nice tools for life.

Btw forgot to mention picked up a 50 foot hose from craftsman today Also lifetime guaranteed...

I have a set of tools at home that are craftsman and at work every so often I might need a tool here and there so I bought an Evolv set which are also lifetime guaranteed with receipt