Yeah, it comes around once in a while, too bad no one imports those parts to the USA, the land of lawsuits.

Guys in Mexico have real on track racing happening, search for post by Alex Barson. Sadly SCCA will never certify our standard Sparks because they are too tall for their width, and modifying them to fit specs. means they will run in heavily modified classes and stand no chance unless it is a spec. class. This made me very sad because I have a lot of SCCA Solo racing around here and thought my Spark would compete well on the tight twisting courses, a couple of the courses are paved go kart tracks which are really narrow and perfect for our tiny little cars.

I'd like to say it's only a matter of time until we get these parts; but after reading your reply, I'm not so sure...... I'm sure when the Civic first hit she scene there weren't too many mods, if any available for it. Now look at the Civic scene.

Everything on that car could be locally manufactured or fabricated. But not the ECM/computer. I guess time will tell if the aftermarket scene will adopt to the Spark. Based on what I've seen and read on here there seems to already be a demand for it. Now someone needs to bring the supply.....

I am curious though how much $ all those parts would cost in all in the U.S. I posted on here about my G6 with CAI, cat delete and catback magnaflow and a tune got me right around 19HP & 16 bs torque. Seems to be about what they squeezed out of that spark too with the same mods; plus a header.

Based on how they ride/handle straight off the lot I'm SURE these little cars would be awesome on the track with suspension mods!

Edited by tommyspark

Don't forget, the normally aspirated, no juice numbers, are with the new ECU. If you jump the cams up into the higher horsepower setting you might gain a lot in the lower RPMs. Put a correct header on to maximize exhaust tuning, and delete all emissions and I bet 100hp is easily in reach. Getting above that will require boost/juice or new cams and head work, but it will still never be a streeting racing winner! That's why we should direct energy toward organized track racing where we can pit the Spark against similar vehicles.

Well said. Todays motors come almost "tuned" so to speak from the factory. On that G6, I never dynode it with just the intake, but at redline it was only advertised to add 5 HP and 4 lbs torque. And how often do we drive around at redline ya know? It's getting harder and harder for bolt ons to actually add decent gains. Unless you upgrade or flah/program the ECM and or TCM

I'm pretty sure a proper race tune will add 5 horses with only a pre-filter intake mod. since we already know the intake a the good is a restriction point. The EPA regs. really kill things including throttle response when you floor it.