Well as many of you know, the "premium sound package" is possibly the worst sounding POS ever put in a vehicle. Went to our local Best Buy and got some Pioneer 4s for the front and 4*6's for the rear. VERY easy/ straight forward install on the Spark! I've replaced speakers on just about every car I've ever owned, and the Spark is no doubt the easiest. I know a lot of people on here went with the Kickers; I've just never been a Kicker Fan. Tax and all I paid $109 for the speakers, and another $11 at Lowes on stuff needed for the install. For that price, I couldn't be happier with the end result! We have a 6 & a 7 year old son, so we need our trunk space and can't put any subs back there. But even with no low end, little Sparky's jamming out now! Those stock speakers HAD TO GO!

Well as many of you know, the "premium sound package" is possibly the worst sounding POS ever put in a vehicle. Went to our local Best Buy and got some Pioneer 4s for the front and 4*6's for the rear. VERY easy/ straight forward install on the Spark! I've replaced speakers on just about every car I've ever owned, and the Spark is no doubt the easiest. I know a lot of people on here went with the Kickers; I've just never been a Kicker Fan. Tax and all I paid $109 for the speakers, and another $11 at Lowes on stuff needed for the install. For that price, I couldn't be happier with the end result! We have a 6 & a 7 year old son, so we need our trunk space and can't put any subs back there. But even with no low end, little Sparky's jamming out now! Those stock speakers HAD TO GO!

yeah its pretty bad...

crappy part is the 2LT is advertised as "6" speakers.... meaning same 4 speakers plus 2 tweeters lolol

im so happy i didnt get a 2lt...if i did i would have had to pay an extra $2500 - $3000 and STILL have to switch out speakers lol.

in total my system cost about $600. went $100 over budget but it is SO worth it.

heres my system thread

http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/1313-stereo-system-overhaul/

that price is including EVERYTHING. unit, Metra kit, Mount, cables, sub, speakers, Install. Anything having to do with my sound system. (minus the tablet... got it free when i bought my TV =D)

Do you have.pix of your sub on here?

Here you go. I only had the car 3 weeks when I did this. This is one of the best upgrades. It's not going to shake the car next to you but fills everything in and can really rock. Best of all still have all my trunk space. Also you can put a piece of carpet over the whole thing then it's hidden.

http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/729-kicker-upgrade/?hl=kicker

although I did sacrifice space for my sub it packs one hell of a punch for $80

more than what i expected thats for sure...

btw bluer im gonna have to steal yiur trunk led idea ...my sub cover all the light what kind did you buy

When you guys replace the stock speakers, do you notice any more volume? I'd think aftermarket speakers would be more efficient.

gives about 20% 30% more volume definite improvement over stock and more clarity ... kickers both front and rear come with onboard tweeters so you'll have to play with the stock settings to your liking

gives a small amount of bass but not enough to leave it long term... you'll always want a bit more kick and even though front and rear speakers are an upgrade there's always an empty area when listening to music

this is my sub

http://www.frys.com/product/6388611?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

I also thought about the infinity basslink

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000063TJY/ref=cm_sw_r_an_am_ap_am_us?ie=UTF8

and bluers kicker Hideaway but both where out of my price range

those 2 are perfect for saving storage space but I'm more than happy with my set up

The LT1 and LT2 both have the 6 speaker setup. You can install the sub I put in and still have all your space. You can even set stuff on it.

Bluer I plan to attempt to recreate the hidden compartment you created for the subwoofer. I have the pieces on order and should receive them by end of week. I am curious if you have the sub sitting on the foam air pump compartment in the tire well and kept in place by the MDF board or if you have secured it in the tire well? Did you use any dymamat or similar in the trunk area as well? The pictures you posted are great!