2014 Chevy Spark Squealing and Losing Power

I have a 2014 Chevy spark with roughly 139,000 km on it. Over the last few weeks, it has seemed to shudder and lose power for brief moments while at cruising speeds, though it was barely noticeable at times. 
Starting today, the loss of power became more pronounced, and it is accompanied by a brief squealing noise, which I can only describe as similar to a belt squeak. The entire sequence only lasts a second, followed by a drop in engine RPM, but is now recurring more frequently.

I’m planning on taking it to my local dealer if it repeats the issue again in the next day or two, but figured I’d ask if anyone has experienced similar symptoms, and what the root cause was? 

Hey SparkNut, I have a 2014 also.  I had transmission shudder and then a squealing noise when I drove going up hill.  I research good ole you tube.   What I found out was possible transmission.  I needed to FLUSH my transmission, not to just change my fluid and filter/pickup tube.  I did it my self, not really that hard.  I purchased a fluid called Lube Gard Completed, CVT Fluid , yes spelling is correct. Once I flushed my transmission and change the pick up tube/filter.  My spark does not shudder anymore and the noise went away, and now my car is running awesome.  Well hope this helps you with your decision making.  Just remember, if you are having some one else to do this, ensure they understand it is a flush, not a change of oil.   r/Chet.