Hey guys, if this is in the wrong thread i apologize, I tried to use the technical thread but it wouldn't load...anyways I was doing the head gasket on a 2013 Chevy Sonic and now I'm reassembling the head after getting it resurfaced. It seems GM engineers decided not to put a keyway or some sort of "one way only way" design on the cam sprockets. So basically, how do I know I'm putting them on in the correct orientation? I know which one is exhaust and which is intake, I just don't know how to know I'm putting them on correctly. When I slide them onto the camshafts they spin freely infinitley, they never grad into anything. Most cars have a keyway to where the cam sprockets only go on one way, it's basically impossible to get wrong. On this 1.8 I see the cams have a recessed grove in them, but the sprockets have no protruding positive grove. I have pictures to help show what I'm asking. Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Free repair manual I got online just says "reinstall cam sprockets" It never mentions a special way of making sure they're correct....am I missing something here? Thanks! 

Landon.

20200410_101817.jpg

20200410_101801.jpg

Edited by ElectricSwordfish
Typos