We recently put a new battery on our 2017 Spark and it immediately went into reduced power mode and had all kinds of codes and lights on the dash. We had it “diagnosed” at the dealer and they said it was either the ECU or the fuse box. The ECU would be covered under warranty and the fuse box wouldn’t. They wouldn’t even consider the ECU until we paid to have the fuse box replaced and if that didn’t work they would then change the ECU. Has anyone ever heard of a fuse box going bad?

I have opened the engine bay fuse box and it haven't any active component, as I remember. So that have almost no chance of failure, unless there is some very good short circuit happen.

yet in my recent visit to service centre last month, I have seen an old fuse panel/box at customer desk so there could be possibility of damage.

If you have guts and good electronic knowledge to take everything out and put it back perfectly, then check for any visible fault on PCB of fuse Box.

BTW mine is India spec 2010 LS, closer to 2013US. The board which I have seen could be of diesel variant as well.

Edited by ChevyBeat