Hello!

I just bought a leftover 15 Spark 1LS and the sound needs a little bump and a little sizzle. I thought I'd toss in a 12 inch sub and amp I already have. Where's a good place to mount an amp without going to much trouble? The seat back doesn't seem ideal because it isn't flat, but it might work. What's it made out of? Something I can put some self-tapping screws into? The side panel has a hump, but I guess I could use standoffs. Any suggestions would help. Also, I think I'll replace the fronts. Any suggestions as to what might be the easiest drop-in replacements would be great!

Thanks!

W.Carver in Indiana

well if your spark is like the one I worked on all last week, then there is no spare tire, just a big hole a lot of foam, and a small pump and screwdriver. was more than enough room back there for even a few large amps, or in our case an amp, L7, and its box.

should be no problem to trim some foam to make room, hopefully it is also a very efficient amp and wont create much heat needing a lot of air flow.

why not just buy a box that you can screw the amp on to ???

like pretty much every box...

the one reason I can see why you wouldn't want to do that is if you ever need to remove the sub to have more storage space... one set of speaker wires is a lot easier to remove vs all the of the amps wires.

if that is not a concern, then screwing to the box is both simple and easy.

I don't know how I'd use that space without building a floor. I'd much rather avoid that.

no, you wouldn't have to build a floor...

you could mount the amp to the very bottom (I would also go as close to the seats as possible) , then using a knife, trim the foam to fit around the amp, the foam would still provide the floor

really comes down to what amp it is.

as far as the back of the seats, I'm sure it would hold a small amp with out problem, just be care full when putting the screws in for the first time to make sure they don't get stripped out.

• 3 weeks later...