OEM Key in Keyfob is 'loose'?

This is very minor, but it bugs me. The key is loose, where it attaches to the fob itself; it will move in all directions, about as far as you see in the picture. Does anyone else's key do this? Will the dealer fix/replace this under warranty? I don't plan on going to the dealer for at least another 10-11 months when I get my oil changed again. Just wondering what you all think? :dance:

20140223_130327.jpg

This is very minor, but it bugs me. The key is loose, where it attaches to the fob itself; it will move in all directions, about as far as you see in the picture. Does anyone else's key do this? Will the dealer fix/replace this under warranty? I don't plan on going to the dealer for at least another 10-11 months when I get my oil changed again. Just wondering what you all think? :dance:

20140223_130327.jpg

Hi jibb3r,

If you would like me to contact your preferred dealer I can definitely do so. I can ask about your current warranty and how long it would take to repair your FOB. If you would like my assistance, please PM me your contact information, VIN and current mileage. Please also provide more details about your FOB so I can explain your concerns to the dealership when I make the call. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

If you would like me to contact your preferred dealer I can definitely do so. I can ask about your current warranty and how long it would take to repair your FOB. If you would like my assistance, please PM me your contact information, VIN and current mileage. Please also provide more details about your FOB so I can explain your concerns to the dealership when I make the call. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!!

Patsy G

Chevrolet Customer Care

Thank you for the reply, I definitely wasn't expecting that. I will gather the information, and contact you shortly.

Mine is loose as we'll. not as loose as you depict, but I have been keeping an eye on mine and have noted a similar concern.

I stopped into the dealer today, to see what they would say. There's a pin that holds the key into the fob. The round hole around the pin in my key, is now an oval shaped hole, from where the key has been rocking back-n-forth. So they ordered me a new key.

When I left, I was looking at the key again, and noticed the plastic piece around the key & pin is cracked!