Caution, the Rear Spoilers that are being offered by various accessory suppliers do not match our 2013 & 2014 versions of the Spark. Our Sparks have the Center Brake Light molded into the Spoilers that come on our cars. The 2011 & 2012 Sparks have the center brake light mounted behind the rear window. The Rear Spoiler kit I received today from Korea is made for the older versions of the Spark. It comes in two pieces, the lower part has no provision for the brake light.

To mount the double wing spoiler you must first remove little spoiler that comes on our U.S. Spark. You then replace it with the lower portion of the two-piece wing. It would look great, but no more Center Brake Light!

I will try to get help from the supplier in Korea, and may have to find an old version center brake light, or maybe try to mount the upper portion to the U.S. lower spoiler. I wish I had noticed this before. Oh well!

Edited by TN Frank

I bought the Spoiler from Hi Motors, but all of the accessory suppliers use the same manufacturer in Korea, and the same pictures in their ads. If you look at all of the pictures that Martijn from the Netherlands has posted on the Gallery right now, you can see the same exact spoiler that Hi Motors shipped me. Martijn's Spark has the old style center brake light.

Edited by TN Frank

The kit comes in two pieces. You must remove the small spoiler that comes on the car . You then bolt the two new parts together, using the grommets as washers between the wings, then another set as washers between the spoiler assembly and the car body. The grommets and accompanying weather stripping are to prevent rattles. It's a nice setup, if only it matched the 2013 model.

Thanks psquare75,

I looked on e-bay but couldn't find the stop light. I have ordered it & it will be here in couple of weeks. This solves my problem!

You guys are something else!

Thanks again,

TN Frank

I meant........ I thought the little wing simply bolted onto the big wing currently on the car. Can you somehow do that?

No the new lower wing is completely different. It fits in the same holes in the body as the wing that comes on our version of the car, but the new lower wing has embossed holes and grooves in it ( top and bottom ) to accommodate the top wing, and hide the fasteners and fastening points. It is a well done setup. And the paint finish is perfect.

I sent a note & pictures to Hi Motors explaining the problem and asking them to either have an updated lower wing made or to include an old version center brake light with future Rear Spoiler shipped to the U.S.

Edited by TN Frank
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally received the old style Center Brake Light yesterday. I ordered it on e-bay, the price was $46.00 including shipping. It came by mail from Korea so it took 26 days. It arrived in perfect condition and was simple to install. The Rear Spoiler also was a breeze. Eight easy to get at bolts held existing the little spoiler on the car, and the same hole locations and fasteners are used for the replacement two-piece spoiler. Anyway, it's done and it looks great. It was an experience working with the Koreans on this. Even with the problem with the center brake light, they were great. Rear Spoilers aren't for everyone, but I like them.

Have you seen a decrease in fuel mileage? Just wondering what will happen with the extra bit in the air. What about rain on the rear window?

Greg, no all of those things seem to be about the same... But the air conditioner seems to be blowing a little colder since I added the new rear spoiler !