Craigslist $40 = Me HAPPY !

a whopping $40 for all 4.

found them on craigslist this morning and 8pm i had them at my house. Made a drive to pasedena which was fine. Cups included ... one is cracked but some JB weld should work

IMG_20130708_200423_zps609fc3ca.jpg

IMG_20130708_220638_zps32832bb5.jpg

wheels are in decent shape if i were to grade from 1 - 10 id give them a high 6 or a low 7 some knicks here and there but a few coats of plasti dip should do it.

will be going to get tires tomorrow =D.

Edited by Paul Delgado

What size and offset are they?

let me just say ... you scared the crap outta me ... lol

with the price and knowing they were 4x100 i didn't bother to check the offset ...

20130709_155805_zps0b95ca6d.jpg

i right away jumped from my seat told my pops and went outside to see if it fit.. they fit ... so im guessing they are +40

so i took it to our regular wheel guy and he pulled out 2 tires ... a 215 and 205 both were 40/17 i really liked the 205 but i went with the 215 for the extra protection.

20130709_162841_zpsc8b332f9.jpg

they finished and off i went ... BUT ... i ended up noticing a weird noise and sure enough the 215s hit a piece which was this

20130709_202534_zpsaef3181e.jpg

so they told me to park the car again and switch them out to 210 which i did and what i wanted in the first place.

One of the guys told me that they could leave the rear tires and have a bit of a frog look which i though would have been awesome... Only issue was rotation ... another small issue was tire design which the 210s were better so i swapped out all 4.

20130709_172559_zpsc69ae6a6.jpg

The ride is smooth as hell and i dont know if its just me but i feel less bumps and road then i did with the OEMs.

Story continues over at my Plasti Dip Adventures

http://chevysparkforum.com/topic/1152-plasti-dip-adventures/

Good thing I posted. I could have told you about the 215. My 205 is still real close. Yes, the ride feels much better than stock and more response.

The rim shop wanted to put 18" on mine but the rim I have is only in 17" for 4 lug. Plus the 18" would require a 30-35 series tire, no thanks.

Good thing I posted. I could have told you about the 215. My 205 is still real close. Yes, the ride feels much better than stock and more response.

The rim shop wanted to put 18" on mine but the rim I have is only in 17" for 4 lug. Plus the 18" would require a 30-35 series tire, no thanks.

yeah the owner of the tires shop is a buddy of my dads. He wasn't too happy with his guys when he found out that the tires where hitting. "they should have caught it or atleast driven the car around the parking area to see if there was an issue"

but im happy with the 205s they look slicker and the wheel design is much better

The offset should be stamped on the inside face of one of the spokes...or sometimes the inside face of the mounting pad.

Nice grab...I work in pasadena

Nice a fellow socal member

Yeah the wheels like i said the wheels where not in bad shape but a bit beat but totally worth $40... he actually listed them for $50 but when i sent him a txt he told me "$40 picked up today" so off i went.

the guy did a pretty shotty plasti dip job. It was a prime example of what happens when you dont use enough coats. He much have bought 1 can or had 1/2 a can left and did either 1 heavy coat or 2 light coats because it was spotty...

pain in the butt to peel off as you can see from one of the wheels where the diameter is removed...