Alright so im gonna make this my mine page for plasti dips that i will update fairly often.

Saturday morning i decided to go get some plasti dip after watching plenty of youtube videos. Then i check here just to see if any new threads where up. I notice here someone had recently PD their wheels and it just gives me further confirmation.

i pick up 4 cans at Osh for $7.50 a piece.

IMG_20130615_161021_zpsc21bf259.jpg

I left the car to remove the 2 front tires.

http://s19.photobucket.com/user/thenuke1/media/IMG_20130615_220736_zps74a60aec.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2

http://s19.photobucket.com/user/thenuke1/media/IMG_20130615_161021_zpsc21bf259.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

the 2nd picture is the jack on the drivers side and a nice 2x4 piece holding up the passengers side.

pull both front wheels off clean them off with a rag water and dry with microfiber then start dipping.

Decided to dip the rear wheels on the car and this is what a first coat looks like

20130615_170411_zps29a04f44.jpg

next are the 3rd , 4th, and 5th coats

20130615_172219_zps18af73f6.jpg

20130615_170122_zps5e115bf9.jpg

20130615_170128_zpsac574953.jpg

dip really does pop at the 5th coat. all in all i ended up using 1 1/2 cans for all 4 tires.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

having all the left over cans i decided to dip the spoiler aswell... 1st coat did about 6 coats and wheel touch ups with another full can. finished products. Low Light pic the trunk

recent pic love my new wheels...

plasti dipped my wheels like 5 months ago, everything is holding up real nice

Posted Images

having all the left over cans i decided to dip the spoiler aswell...

IMG_20130615_191930_zps2ad6242a.jpg

1st coat

20130615_192901_zps3220ea62.jpg

did about 6 coats and wheel touch ups with another full can.

finished products.

20130615_202407_zps0787b4d8.jpg

20130615_202422_zps9218dfa7.jpg

IMG_20130615_220145_zps8ac99d0f.jpg

Low Light pic

20130615_220244_zpsa93629e6.jpg

IMG_20130615_220736_zps74a60aec.jpg

the trunk didn't come out perfect but like my pop said "34 bucks and you painted your wheels and spoiler yourself. It looks good"

all in all at this point im satisfied with the Plasti dip. Having a small car i might actually dip the whole car at one point not sure yet.

I would definitely recommend it to all forum members

having 1 1/2 left im gonna dip the mirrors and the trunk lining today =D

feel free to ask questions.

You should try other colors such from here http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip_Blaze

I like the black spoiler.

its really nice in person.

If you think it looks good in a pic, or any other plasti dip wheels do it yourself its really simple and i was able to knock out all 4 tires in 2 hours with 1 1/2 cans. That includes the prep, jack, removal, coats, mount and touch up.

its really fun to see your boring silver wheels look awesome.

follow the youtube video and your first coat should leave 50% transparency ... if it looks weird dont worry remember you have 4 or 5 coats to go.

You should try other colors such from here http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip_Blaze

thanks but im really digging the black on green.

had a few neighbors stop by and call me crazy for using black on green. One actually said to try yellow but when i finished they were blown away.

i MIGHT be able to save a few bucks online but the Osh hardware is literally 5 min from my house so its worth the instant gratification

I like the black spoiler a lot. I ended up buying matte black wheels. I'm thinking of doing matte black stripes down the center but digging the spoiler.
my pops and i were talking and there is endless mods with plastidip. I saw the smoke plastic dip and i might try that on my taillights since the wrapping guus near my house say its to hard lol
I did all 4 wheels on my Focus with only one can.Originally, I planned on doing 4 coats on each wheel. But after the fist coat, I ended up with gunmetal colored wheels - not what I was expecting in a good way!
glad it worked for you just a heads up.... After watching a few videos last night they strongly recommend 3 months ooats or more... the issue being the removal.. since 1 coat wouldn't be a really thin layer it's harder tobremove as one piece... just fyi of you ever want to remove it

heres a few shots i took while searching for plasti dip smoke

20130618_173040_zps6d76c44f.jpg

20130618_173117_zps2b517b42.jpg

20130618_173053_zps9bc4b8aa.jpg

after driving around i found out this in my area

Home Depot carries only black in the spray and dip cans. they have it the cheapest at 5.98 a can

Lowes carry black and clear (maybe others the dude asked me in what color i needed but that was when i first got the plasti dip and didnt know about the other colors)

Ace Hardware carries that best variety but the cans are $8 ... they had red, yellow, blue, white and black

Edited by Paul Delgado

did the door handles & the bumper liner close to the trunk

20130618_183039_zps60b0bde4.jpg

20130618_192922_zps3486e705.jpg

20130618_184318_zps056a023f.jpg

20130618_193301_zps49fdac45.jpg

finishes product....

didn't like how the door handles came out so I took the handle dip off but left the bottom piece... actually looks pretty good

20130618_204709_zps928d50a1.jpg

had a pretty nasty blemish on the lower left liner. tried to touch it up bit still looks bad. will redo it later

20130618_204652_zpsd5f8f46a.jpg

Dude, that's totally awesome. I was going to do my wheels and off center stripes. But I love the way the spoiler came out. Might copy that lol.

take it...

i might even take off the side decals and and plasti dip the sides.

ill also be trying out making hood stripes with plasti dip.

As far as I know... With all the reviews or all the posts in the forums. I haven't come across anyone saying that it has ruined anyone's paint job. The guys at Dipyourcar.com dip audis lambos beamers and other luxury cars and they dip entire cars figured if they use it on their stuff it's probably safe for us to use it.

OK, fair enough. No problems with the door handles where you peeled it off?

not at all.

When I get little specks of dip from over spray all you need to clean it off is a microfiber towel.

The thing that I realized about PD is that it needs a lot of it in order to stick. that's why if you wipe an area that has 5 or 6 coats it won't come off.

It doesn't work like regular paint. paint when you spray it it will either dry and stick or if you wipe it it will smudge

PD when you spray it it doesn't automatically stick it expands then drys and sticks because it becomes a matte rubber and when you wipe it it comes off.

now im not saying over spray one spot and let it run lol but if you get dribble and its not big spots don't worry about it its gonna expand

Has anyone removed the spoiler before? Going to try this project out and was wondering if it would be easier taking it off to spray?

we thought about it but then decided against it.

It will most definitely come out better then mine but probably will be more time consuming but overall probably the better method in the long run...

if you end up not removing the spoiler find an old bed sheet that you wont use and cover your car with that

WOW might try taking off my spoiler tomorrow THANKS !!!

As far as the wheel ...

My pops did bring it up but since the car is about a month old since i bought it we dont think we will be running into that. I haven't anyway

if you have had the car for awhile though i suggest you labet the pack of the rims.