Is 86K Miles Too High for a 2013 Spark LT?

Hi all,

I am considering getting a 2013 Spark LT with 86,xxx miles on it. It looks to be in immaculate shape, though I'm not sure if it is risky to get a 3 year-old Spark with such high miles.

Thoughts?

Brandon

9C3EE227-526F-4701-95D1-8DAFADB0753E.jpg

Not if the price is right..like around $6K or less. Pretty sure you can 'haggle' it down to that. Before you buy, it might be a good idea to see if you can have the car checked out by an independent mechanic..or if you know cars..check out things like clutch, bearings and brakes for excessive wear. Rust shouldn't be an issue in SC. Many people already have well over 100Kmi on the 2013's without issues. Guy who delivers our pizza has a 2013 with close to 180Kmi and it still runs great.

At the very least get the VIN and enter it on the GM owners site to be sure the critical recall service has been done (only critical for 2013 was the PCV replace)----Link---->     https://my.chevrolet.com/recalls      Good luck and let us know how it goes...K? (forum members like feedback on questions like this)

If it doesn't look like it has been into an accident, if it drives right, if it has maintenance history an if the price is good i would not be too worried about the miles. If you take good care of it, it will last you a long time.

On 8/3/2016 at 6:23 AM, Mr.tozzi said:

clean title does not mean anything, i have seen cars that should have been crushed being sold with a clean title.

12 hours ago, Chippy848 said:

Right and I've seen allot of salvage titles that shouldn't of been salvaged.

The bottom line is: Is this vehicle OK...frames, body work, mechanical & electrical..Only real way to tell is to get a good independent mechanic to give it a complete check and test drive. Most will charge between $35-$75 to do this. My mechanic does this...charges a fair bit but he claims to have found some cars are, well, just plain in bad shape and others that are 99% perfect except for some minor or sometimes major single problem..like a cracked block or bent steering components that can be very expensive to fix and not noticeable to the buyer on a test drive. Some are good to go but need the buyer to deal the price way down since the sellers of these units get them very cheap.