2011 Chevrolet Spark makes U.S. debut

2011 Chevrolet Spark makes U.S. debut

Chevrolet officially unveiled its North America version of the upcoming Chevrolet Spark compact car earlier today at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. The new five-door hatchback will slot in below the revised Aveo when it goes on sale as a 2011 model.

Much of the Chevrolet Beat concept car’s styling has been carried over to the Spark, but there are a few details that have been toned town. The headlights are enlarged, surface development is somewhat less extreme, door handles have inevitably been added, and the production wheels are decidedly less exotic.

Spark will be available in European later this year, followed by other global regions. The European version of the Spark debuted last year at the Geneva Motor Show.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

• 2 months later...

I'm really looking forward to this car going on sale. It sounds so far like it would make a perfect second car for my wife and I. We're retired and make many short trips around town during the week. Most trips are under 5 miles. Does anyone know what the pricing wil be and what options will be available? AC is a must for us in the Louisiana summer.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone heard any news on the Spark? I'm hoping the car has not been quietly cancelled for the USA. I am stille wanting to give it a try if they don't delay it too long.

Chevy hasn't been hamming the Spark up enough. The www.Chevrolet.com/spark site isn't there any more either?

Chevy hasn't been hamming the Spark up enough. The www.Chevrolet.com/spark site isn't there any more either?

Thanks for replying. I also noticed that the Spark Section was no longer available on Chevrolet.com. That and no recent news on any of the auto forums that I monitor has me thinking that they were just floating a ballloon to judge public opinion or that the car couldn't be made to meet U.S. specs at the price point they needed to make it sell. I'm not buying until 2012 but it's getting tougher to wait with the Mazda 2 and Fiesta comimg soon.