What you were told is central locking, so you can lock/unlock all door by locking/unlocking driver door. 

If you have one door which doesn't work like said, it must have wiring issue or possibly damaged door lock actuator.

If none of passanger door behave what you were told, you might not have central locking.

When locking/unlocking on the driver side all four doors lock/unlock. On the passenger side central locking is not installed or not working. I would like to figure it out because retailer told me all LS models have central locking on the driver side only. 

:hammer_self:My bad. I today read your 1st post again and got I read it wrong yesterday.

Ok, coming to point. Central locking work from dirver door only. Means, you lock/unlock whole car by locking/unlocking driver door. Passanger door they provide lock to open by key but that work for that door only. Only driver door do all job, that's why they called it central locking, i.e. one place.

This is what I have seen so far, may be around the world if some manufacturers provide option to unlock whole car by passanger door, creativity has no limits. ;)

About dealer/retailer, not sure what he meant by "all LS models have central locking on the driver side only." To my understanding, central locking include primarily, driver door sensor and 3 actuator for rest 3 doors, now when someone use key on driver door, sensor gives signal to ECU to take same action for rest of doors. With remote locking option, this driver door sensor is inbuilt to actuator for that door.

So, don't worry, your car is working as expected. Enjoy the ride!! :shift: