Changing transmission fluid for manual transmission?

Hmmm....I think I see where the fill plug is after looking around the top of the transmission. I wish they came out with a service manual for these cars. I have one for every car I own since I do most of the wrenching myself.

One thing that I do know is that even though manufacturers say certain fluids are good for the life of the car, my experience is that it's not really true. You guys should have seen the transmission gear oil that came out of my brand new Camaro SS at 5k miles. Same as the rear differential. You can see millions of tiny flakes in it. It's also caked onto the magnetic plugs as well.

Since I'm planning to drive this car into the ground, I think some extra TLC at the start will pay dividends in the future.

Hmmm....I think I see where the fill plug is after looking around the top of the transmission. I wish they came out with a service manual for these cars. I have one for every car I own since I do most of the wrenching myself.

One thing that I do know is that even though manufacturers say certain fluids are good for the life of the car, my experience is that it's not really true. You guys should have seen the transmission gear oil that came out of my brand new Camaro SS at 5k miles. Same as the rear differential. You can see millions of tiny flakes in it. It's also caked onto the magnetic plugs as well.

Since I'm planning to drive this car into the ground, I think some extra TLC at the start will pay dividends in the future.

Entirely true that a new tranny will shed quite a bit of gear shavings depending on how well they were blasted at the factory. Since the gears and most other components in a manual unit are fewer, bigger and a simpler design than the auto tranny's, with the thick grade of oil and the magnetic plugs holding most of the metal crap that sinks to the bottom when not in use, most manual tranny's can be run with the same oil for the life of the car. Changing the oil at around the first 5Kmi will indeed get rid of the debris and give you cleaner oil for a longer time. Mostly not necessary though.