Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket mufflers specifically for the Spark?

I couldn't find anything online except some places that said they would just custom

fit one.

When I had my Ford Focus, I got a beautiful Apexi World Sport Cat-back exhaust system

with Apexi muffler. It was so sweet. I wish I could put an Apexi on the Spark.

Edited by cornflakes
  • 8 months later...

I don't recall ever seeing anything specificly for the spark.. I put a "bootleg" flowmaster one on mine (the muffler place wouldn't give me a brand name just it's like a flowmaster with the separate chambers n such) It sounds awesome clean purring sound not high pitched not fart muffler just loud enough, still has resonator chamber on it.and it makes it even more fun to drive with sound. I have noticed what I want to call a "blow back" after the install it seems to keep the engine "reved" or compressed?? I guess. used to be I'd take me foot off the accelerator and the car would slow almost right away. now it keeps going and it's takes a little more effort to stop, also gets an audible rev almost before stopping from the exhaust. also if you go up to 50mph and coast when you slow to about 45 you feel a little boost/acceleration not a big deal just takes getting used to. Still getting great city mpg. 33 all day every day driving it hard in LA traffic.

I don't recall ever seeing anything specificly for the spark.. I put a "bootleg" flowmaster one on mine (the muffler place wouldn't give me a brand name just it's like a flowmaster with the separate chambers n such) It sounds awesome clean purring sound not high pitched not fart muffler just loud enough, still has resonator chamber on it.and it makes it even more fun to drive with sound. I have noticed what I want to call a "blow back" after the install it seems to keep the engine "reved" or compressed?? I guess. used to be I'd take me foot off the accelerator and the car would slow almost right away. now it keeps going and it's takes a little more effort to stop, also gets an audible rev almost before stopping from the exhaust. also if you go up to 50mph and coast when you slow to about 45 you feel a little boost/acceleration not a big deal just takes getting used to. Still getting great city mpg. 33 all day every day driving it hard in LA traffic.

Ya Skids..most likely a bit more back pressure is causing that..not a big deal as long as you keep in mind you may have to brake a bit more or let off the gas a bit sooner before stopping. If you don't notice any reduced power, yer good to go and that combination will give you the deeper sound without sounding obnoxiously high pitch or 'farty' loud like the little Hondas the kids are putting those almost straight thru 'mufflers' on. One thing I would suggest is to check your oil for unusual carbon build up (getting dirty faster than normal). Sometimes too much back pressure can lead incomplete combustion.

Will check. Shes running great. When I put it on it did feel slower off the line, then there was the CVT reprogramming and now I don't even know or got used to it. but it's fun goes quick enough, ricers rev on me and try to race every once and a while, It's funny because 90% of the time they dont know how to shift properly and I'm gone. The back pressure takes getting used to, but so does the whole car really, any little tweak affects the engine so much it's very interesting.

Will check. Shes running great. When I put it on it did feel slower off the line, then there was the CVT reprogramming and now I don't even know or got used to it. but it's fun goes quick enough, ricers rev on me and try to race every once and a while, It's funny because 90% of the time they dont know how to shift properly and I'm gone. The back pressure takes getting used to, but so does the whole car really, any little tweak affects the engine so much it's very interesting.

Yup. The smaller the engine the greater the effect of any changes to practically anything. 10.5:1 compression on a VVT with 4 valves per cyl borders on a high performance engine. I pretty well think they have done a good job of squeezing the most out of the small, low torque engine without compromising reliability very much. As a result the fuel efficiency isn't what it could be on a 1.2 L engine specially at higher speeds. A properly functioning CVT can be pretty swift at the low end before running out of gears when HP & torque take over. It's very hard for a manual shifter to match the speed of gear changing seen in a good CVT & is a little easier on the engine as well since the engine runs with less RPM fluctuation letting the CVT do most of the work.