Bit the bullet and purchased a spare tire for peace of mind

I had been wanting to get a spare since the purchase of my car knowing there was only the tire pump, screw driver and a can of tire sealant for road side tire emergencies. I found the listing on Ebay for Chevy Spark donut spare. The spare was $123 with $27 for shipping. I already had a little bottle jack that I had purchased previously from E-bay and it was very inexpensive. Overall I guess piece of mind won out and given I saved a lot purchasing the LS I could bare the cost a little more easily. I'm still enjoying the 5 speed manual and make any excuse just to get out and drive my new Spark. No negatives as others on the group have experienced, though my fingers are crossed as I have yet to even hit 1,000 miles. For now my A/C is blowing very cold and I'm still happy with my purchase here in hot North Texas.

-Tony

post-1627-0-05342900-1410377351_thumb.jppost-1627-0-87354400-1410377363_thumb.jp

I just bought a donut from ebay also. It cost few more $ than yours, but worth it to just get the whole thing ready to install if needed. I called Chevrolet and found out that the donut wheel costs $97 and the tire to put on it is extra plus labor to put it on the wheel.

Too much work for me.

Thanks for the info. You motivated me to take action before I ended up sitting on the side of the road waiting a tow truck.

Leigh

I had been wanting to get a spare since the purchase of my car knowing there was only the tire pump, screw driver and a can of tire sealant for road side tire emergencies. I found the listing on Ebay for Chevy Spark donut spare. The spare was $123 with $27 for shipping. I already had a little bottle jack that I had purchased previously from E-bay and it was very inexpensive. Overall I guess piece of mind won out and given I saved a lot purchasing the LS I could bare the cost a little more easily. I'm still enjoying the 5 speed manual and make any excuse just to get out and drive my new Spark. No negatives as others on the group have experienced, though my fingers are crossed as I have yet to even hit 1,000 miles. For now my A/C is blowing very cold and I'm still happy with my purchase here in hot North Texas.

-Tony

attachicon.gifphoto (3).JPGattachicon.gifphoto (4).JPG

Nice. As for the A/C....I live in Tucson Az and have a 2014 Spark LS, manual, with just over 9,000 miles. Even on days of 100 plus temps my A/C has been just fine. Takes a bit of time to get real cold but so far, so good. I do loose a little power while running it, but if I come upon a short, but steep grade, I just shut id down for the small climb. Works for me.

•Nice work on the spare purchase TonySpark! At least you won't be stuck when a 'non-sealable' flat occurs when you are in the countryside with no cell signal or any assistance. Also looks like you seem to know how to stretch a buck and stay within your car budget. I would do the same but most of our Spark's use is in and around Miami and populated areas with cell and both GM and private roadside assistance. As a retired airline employee we get highly discounted air fare so no very long trips by car.

Thanks retired old Gearhead. I am a retiree from the USAF. My days of wasting gas and leaving my full size F-150 in the carport because it was cheaper to take another vehicle are over. My Spark is my daily driver now and I could not be more satisfied. I'm new to the site and have taken on some minor modifications like remove the tube from the airbox down to the resonator to get a couple more mpg's. I changed out the rear deck speakers and have some front one's on the way... just to improve the clarity of sound not necessarily the loudness. Enjoy Miami in your Spark. The only time I was in Florida was when I was in the James A. Haley VA hospital in Tampa. Lot's of sunshine :)

-Tony