I had the 2013 with regular automatic and now have 2014 with the CVT. I am totally happy with the performance of the CVT and like it much better than the regular automatic. Took it thru the mountains this weekend and there is no herky/jerky transmission movement as with automatic. Very smooth and it does take a bit getting use to it as it is different feeling than the auto. I just turned 2000 miles and thoroughly happy with it and would recommend the vehicle with CVT to anyone interested in this vehicle. Many cars are using CVT now and the Spark CVT is built in Japan so that made me feel much better when considering it. Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks everyone. I was able to rent a 2014 last week after renting several 2013 models over the past few months and I was sold. Literally. My 2014 Spark was delivered today. I think the CVT is well matched to this vehicle. I wonder is Chevy programmed the CVT to imitate a "shift" at certain points because I can certainly sense a change every now and again. Kind of like Harley Davidson programming their EFI to mimic the idle of their carbureted engines.