Alienware x51 a decent desktop for gaming?

I'm not too knowledgable on this however I would like to get a decent gaming desktop. I'm not a heavy gamer, but I do play World of Warcraft, Diablo 3 and The Sims 3 (two to three times a week). I want to be able to play Star Wars: The Old Republic, Dungeons and Dragons, the upcoming Sims 4 and The Elder Scrolls Online. I currently have a MacBook Pro and it is not built for anything gaming wise…unless you like freezing and not so stellar graphics.

I was looking at the Alienware x51 (fully loaded), it's sleek looking and appears to have amazing graphics. I have read mixed reviews on their quality and being overpriced because of the name. I would build my own but I have zero knowledge in doing so, already built ones are my ideal way to go.

I will be keeping my MacBook Pro because I love it….just not for gaming :)

Can anyone give me some insight on this specific model or a better system out there?

my 2 cents...

my last computer i built and dont regret it at all...

its more media heavy than gaming but ive run, Skryrim, Crisis 2, nba2k13 and it ran flawlessly

look into building your own computer... you can get much more juice out of a self built computer for much cheaper

It only looks intimidating to build your own. I built one a few years back and thought if be lost in a world of wires. I had never even swapped out a drive before that. The manuals you get with the components are pretty easy to follow. I'm actually needing to do a major rebuild soon and feel much more confident about it now. It's deffinately a much cheaper route building your own.

To answer the question though, even the one you listed (when I looked it up) had no pricing and many different configurations, so value is unknown. They do make great systems, but the more you want the more you pay. To much money for me to drop on there stuff when I know I can build one at half the cost.

In the build your own camp too, you could either save $$ or add much better components, all you need is your time because it really isn't difficult. Fully loaded is (probably) overkill for those games too.

Alternatively, buy a decent PC and get a good videocard and throw that in.