Just completed online Spark survey from GM

I told them that the only problem I have had with my two-month-old Spark is related to the on/off button on the MyLink radio. Sometimes I have to press lightly while other times I have to put my full weight behind the push. On rare occasions I can't turn the radio off or on at all and have to wait a couple minutes before trying again to have success. Most of the time it works fine with normal finger pressure, so it is only a minor irritation.

I also told them that I was pretty ticked off because they weren't offering a spare tire kit option.

Otherwise, I gave a good review of the car. I think that I gave it an 8 out of a possible 10.

I had this problem with my 2013 at times; however, after reading owner's manual it states to continuously depress and hold to turn the system on and off. You are correct in that it only takes a slight touch at times, but if you hold the on button it will come on in a couple of seconds. Don't think there is anything wrong with your system. I agree with you about the spare tire. I went to a junkyard and bought a temp. spare 14" (even though my 2lt has 15", a lug wrench and jack. Got rid of the goop and kept compressor under tire. At least now I have some confidence if I ever have a blowout.

I had this problem with my 2013 at times; however, after reading owner's manual it states to continuously depress and hold to turn the system on and off. You are correct in that it only takes a slight touch at times, but if you hold the on button it will come on in a couple of seconds. Don't think there is anything wrong with your system. I agree with you about the spare tire. I went to a junkyard and bought a temp. spare 14" (even though my 2lt has 15", a lug wrench and jack. Got rid of the goop and kept compressor under tire. At least now I have some confidence if I ever have a blowout.

Thanks for the info. I will try it out over the next few days. I have also had the radio come on (two times) but the "off" screen remains. At that point I press the "Home" button and the main menu comes up, so not a real problem. A couple times when the radio would not turn on, I started driving and the radio came on after a few blocks; just came on with no activity on my part. Makes me think that the radio software was busy and got to the "on" request when it finished what it was doing.

I picked up a 14 inch donut spare from eBay that fits nicely since it has a center bore (57.1mm vs 56.6mm) slightly larger than the Spark bore. Paid $59 with free shipping. The spare was from a 2004 Saturn Ion. Drove around town with it and it works great. I no longer have what psychologists call lack-of-spare anxiety. Also, EV owners have what is called range anxiety. If I get there, can I get back?

Edited by zogburr

Hope holding the indicator down helps with the intermittent/not working radio situation. I have not had a problem with mine since Istarted depressing and holding until screen/radio appeared. Glad to hear that the 14" temp. spare works good. That is exactly the tire that I bought at the junk yard and I , like you feel much more comfortable with it in the trunk---rather than the container of goo. You also might pick up a plug kit from WalMart, which allows you to put plug in until you can get to a tire shop. Good luck.

Edited by yuwan63755