Has anyone used a USB flash drive and successfully had user built playlists on them? I transferred about 12g of songs onto the drive and each m3u playlist points to the correct folder. the playlists are on the root drive. To me, it looks like everything is done correctly, but no playlists show up when i select usb.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Joshua,

I've been having the same problem - my music is all organised neatly in folders, and I wasn't able to get the MyLink system to detect the playlist in my Holder Cruze 2014 (same MyLink system - EDIT, maybe not. I think the Spark (or Barina as it's known here) has a different "MyLink" system - although perhaps the same problem as outlined below?)

After much tinkering, I ended up copying 300+ songs into a single folder and created a playlist within that folder - note that the playlist only referenced filenames of mp3s directly within that folder, and contained *no* directory paths. Bingo, MyLink picked up this playlist.

From this, I can only conclude that the MyLink's playlist capabilities are pretty limited, probably really only designed for the average joe with a chunk of poorly-tagged MP3s sitting in one spot on a USB drive.

For posterity, here's a few different things I tried that failed:

* Tried saving the playlist as different types (M3U, Extended M3U, XSPF, HTML)

* Tried saving the playlist through a few different programs (iTunes, VLC)

* Tried manually adjusting the paths to each song in the playlist. So instead of "/Volumes/usbdrivename/folder/songname.mp3" I edited playlists to read "/subdrivename/folder/songname.mp3" and "/folder/songname.mp3"

* Tried saving the playlists to the root of the UBS drive

* Tried saving the playlists to a separate folder called "playlists"

Again, the only thing that worked was creating a playlist with no filepaths that only pointed to songs directly within that folder.

It's not a huge deal for me - I just have duplicates of songs on my drive, but I'm ODC enough to care too much. It's not as a neat as I'd like and a bit of a bummer to see that something this simple GM can't get right. Hopefully MyLink will mature in the future.

Hope this info helps you or any other forum lurker in the future.

Cheers,

Tim

Edited by timm
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...